TK Mic tips Hovi Mix- Original found parts finally surface.

A great find, it's also nice to know that they are exactly what I was telling people- I've had several people telling that I'm wrong and then failing to explain why!

A fantastic find and thanks for sharing. Now if I could only find a bloody quote cheap enough to get them remanufactured!

It’s depressing to think how many of these may be sitting in the back of the cabinets under kitchen sinks covered in dust right now or were tossed out when the house was cleaned out before the estate sale.

Great find!

Made in Denmark.... That's where the 'big' Ikea popped up in the early 70s (I think), supplying this corner of the globe with all the home-DIY improvements we needed to paper over the cracks lol - or tile over with cork and styrene panels.

I can still taste the rubber from them tap attatchments, new minty gel toothpaste wouldn't even take that away! The future smelt really funny too in the 70s!!

Great find!

Made in Denmark.... That's where the 'big' Ikea popped up in the early 70s (I think), supplying this corner of the globe with all the home-DIY improvements we needed to paper over the cracks lol - or tile over with cork and styrene panels.

I can still taste the rubber from them tap attatchments, new minty gel toothpaste wouldn't even take that away! The future smelt really funny too in the 70s!!
I believe IKEA is Swedish. Though... gotta check to be sure. :)

Hi TMG, yea that would be the first outlet in Sweden then a sizable extention and a warehouse in Denmark a few years later - I'm going by memory there lol so I should have looked it up first but I think I'm close to half right. I'm now thinking of paneling a wall in dark cork, I'm easily led....

IKEA got its first store in the 1950's in a part of Sweden close to Denmark. These days it is more of a multinational than it is Swedish though.

Indeed Darth Lars, then items began to noticably trickle down into the UK market by 1975 as it became a Habitat vs Ikea thing thanks to the new warehouse location and their 'umbrella' designers / companies - Ikea downstairs, Habitat upstairs, cos you don't want little Neddy chewing on the Eames Lounge'r chair lol.

Some homework relating to the tap part discovery and Ikea shows where the Telegono (1969) lamp base may have come from too, which I didn't know about lol! Be nice if there was a pallet load of them tap parts tucked away somewhere....

Wow, I just got done reading through this entire thread. Amazing information here!
I thought I would contribute this paragraph from the book ‘Star Wars Stormtroopers - Beyond the Armor’. Roger Christian’s memory seems to be pretty accurate here, right down to the little circular holes around the bottom end.
34411D9D-8294-4008-B57F-DD61C384AE95.jpeg

Ignore this inaccurate image on the page. Those appear to be plumbing O-Rings, although the middle black ‘grip’ on the real prop was a cylinder from Reade Models. Which I believe is the “Little Ring” that Roger Christian is referring to.

Last edited:
So, what I have done is what I hope will be the next best thing. I am currently part way through the process of having these parts reverse engineered. At the moment I'm still in the early stages but my plan is to have these parts remanufactured exactly as they would have been back in the 70's. This means having them produced as injection moulded pieces and making them available to the community.

As of yet I'm afraid I can give no further details for the simple reason I don't have any myself at present, but as soon as I know I will be making it known here.
This is VERY exciting news, I will be patiently following this thread closely in anticipation of any news on a possible reproduction!
There would be a lot of happy troopers out there! (pun very intended)

At the moment it's come to a bit of a stand still sadly. All the quotes I've had so far are just too prohibitive cost to carry on with as a one man operation- it's the upfront outlay which has thrown the spanner in the works.

One possibility is to look to China but a couple of things are putting me off at present. The quality control is a big factor, the two UK factories I've so far been in touch with are within easy visiting distance so I can keep an eye on the product as it develops- also some Chinese factories do have a ..shall we say loose tolerance factor....

I'm still hoping to get something rolling but at present I'm in between house moving so this is currently taking up a lot of my time. I will keep people posted....

I'm still hoping to get something rolling but at present I'm in between house moving so this is currently taking up a lot of my time. I will keep people posted....
Coincidentally I was talking to my close friend Chris at Blaster Factory about this Aerator discovery, I helped him design his aluminum E-11 blaster kits which have a reproduction plastic grip good enough to replace the real thing. You’d honestly be hard pressed to tell the difference. He’s also recently reproduced the rare Margolin grips from Leia’s blaster perfectly accurate to the original. These are good enough to replace the real thing too!
4A7E93A6-D128-4125-95F1-DDE413E23EEC.jpeg

12FCFDB0-F7F4-4D6F-B895-0CA637CD973F.jpeg

Some fresh injection molded grips and leftover runners.
ECDD91B4-0EF1-4746-BDDB-46089F66A5AF.jpeg

I also just sourced this Webley Mark 1 Air Pistol for him to replicate Obi-Wan Kenobi’s new blaster, complete with the extra rare non-logo grip variant. He needed this to 3D laser scan which will be used to make an injection mold.
E469103E-08C3-4E8E-B685-13D4129AA17A.jpeg

I would love to put you in contact with Chris, he has many resources and is very serious about producing Star Wars parts!
If you haven’t heard of Blaster Factory already then go check out his website and his Facebook.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back