Titanic 3D???

allosaur176

Sr Member
Ok, I can understand bringing the movie back to theaters for the 100 yr anniversary, and would go see it again on the big screen because Ive always enjoyed the history of it, but why convert it into 3D????

Didn't you know? 3D is all the rage! Also, Cameron pretty much pioneered the 3D technology that's so big right now, I bet he's been itching to convert Titanic over since he completed Avatar.

So he can brag that 3D Titanic beat 3D Phantom Menace for box office returns just like regular Titanic beat regular Phantom Menace for box office returns.

Although, it actually would probably only benefit both filmmakers to have competing 3D versions and an acknowledged "Team Leo" vs. "Team Jar Jar" rivalry to gin up ticket sales amongst the more rabid fans.

Saw the preview when I took my son to see Tin Tin (in 3D), and it looked like distinct 2D planes one in front of the other -- not any real depth.

Doug

Saw in 2D. Not that great in my opinion, then again, to me it also is a bit of a mockery to the actual events. I'm a bit of a student of history. What can I say?

Kate in the nude in 3D? Yeah, maybe. :lol

Saw the preview when I took my son to see Tin Tin (in 3D), and it looked like distinct 2D planes one in front of the other -- not any real depth.

Doug
If it ain't filmed in 3d, its gonna look crap, I saw a concert at a local store on a 3d screen recently, and if that is the standard, I will stick to 2d

I haven't yet seen any postconverted 3D. I was as dismissive as you, until reading a review of something that was supposedly postconverted extremely well.

As in all things, it depends on how much was spent. The technique obviously won't ever be as good as native 3d, but it may not all be as bad as Clash of the Titans.

That movie was so boring. the only enjoyment out of it that I got was Kate nude... And the guy falling and bouncing off the propellers at the end. I might just watch it for that part alone but, Cameron sucks anyways so I usually boycott the hell out of his stuff. kinda sad I had to go through highschool hearing about his accomplishments and then having him charge $1000 a word for an intro video to a film festival for his own highschool. So glad to be out of that place though...

But yeah, Guy bouncing off propeller> Kate Winslet. Will not see. Made 3D cause his ex's movie beat Avatar in some award show and he wants to milk the cash cow like Lucas is doing.

Unless James Cameron altered the film outside of being 3D, this will be the perfect opportunity to see this film with RiffTrax.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back