Titanfall (game)

The biggest problem I forsee is the ability for the game to keep everyone's interest long enough to warrant a sequel. BF4 did help some people in this choice though.

The game has campaign (solo), mission (solo and co-op) and multiplayer modes, just like Modern Warfare 2. Don't be fooled with those fake comment made by PS4 fanboys. Titanfall is exclusive to xbox one only.

Btw, has anyone find any pdo file or template for the titanfall pilot helmet? I have seen someone did a complete costume and showed up at E3... The weapons look amazing as well. Any template for prop and costume is very much appreciated.

Multi player only but I loved it last night.

Yes, it's great. It's different to BF3 and COD where annoying campers/snipers ruin the gameplay. I am only wondering if there is any killstreak... Is calling a titan a kind of killstreak? I notice some other titans have better weapons than what I have.... the grenade launcher isn't much precise and reloading takes time...

Btw, I am making a smart pistol prop from a plastic toy gun from dollarshop. I'll post it here once it is finished. There are more pdo files being circulated for a full set of pilot uniform.

Well I sunk a buttload of hours in today and had a blast, despite consistent 'reconnecting to server' issues (freezes gameplay for me, but I've noticed other players still moving and shooting me during these episodes - annoying). They weren't as bad as during the beta, but nary a match went by that I didn't get nailed once or twice. Still, it's a fresh take on a genre that was getting tired on consoles. I like it a lot so far.

Yes, it's great. It's different to BF3 and COD where annoying campers/snipers ruin the gameplay. I am only wondering if there is any killstreak... Is calling a titan a kind of killstreak? I notice some other titans have better weapons than what I have.... the grenade launcher isn't much precise and reloading takes time...

Kills speed up the deployment of the Titan. Leveling up unlocks better weapons for the pilot and titans, and there may be burn cards for titan weapons but I've yet to see any.

EDIT: Totally spaced out that there is a killstreak of sorts when you're in the Titan, it unlocks a core function for your titan based on the chassis you're in. I forget what the Atlas one is, haven't gotten it in the Orge, but for the Stryker it's unlimited dashes.

Last edited:
Kills speed up the deployment of the Titan. Leveling up unlocks better weapons for the pilot and titans, and there may be burn cards for titan weapons but I've yet to see any.

EDIT: Totally spaced out that there is a killstreak of sorts when you're in the Titan, it unlocks a core function for your titan based on the chassis you're in. I forget what the Atlas one is, haven't gotten it in the Orge, but for the Stryker it's unlimited dashes.

Thank you. I was wondering what those pop-up saying "-30 seconds" and "burn-cards" meant; so these were the "killstreaks" to get the titan faster. It's easier to play as pilots running around than using titans. I have killed more titans when staying as pilot in cloak. EVA-8 shotgun is better as I like hip-firing. I guess it's kind of a noob gun and that's why I like...

There are still rage-quits happening...

I like the idea of "getting to chopper retreat" when the match is lost ... It's like it hasn't been completely lost.

Thank you. I was wondering what those pop-up saying "-30 seconds" and "burn-cards" meant;

the burn cards are an awesome feature. you pick from 1 to 3 (number of free slots depends on your level) and then once the game actually loads and starts, you can equip them and turn them on. there are tons of different ones, but theyre all just basically bonuses for you and your titan. More XP, increased damage, fully upgraded guns, time of titan builds, etc. etc.

I'm LOVING this game so far. You don't even notice the 6v6 due to the amount if insane action with the titans, and all the other NPC characters on both teams. The campaign is just a set of multiplayer maps with a voice over giving you plot breakdowns.

My world has revolved around this game since the beta. I've been spending all my free time playing on my Xbox One.
Any other Xbox One players rolling around?

Once the PC price drops a bit, I'm getting this. I played the beta and despite the graphics loading incorrectly (don't play this with an integrated Intel graphics card) it was the most fun I've had in a game recently, and usually I hate online multiplayer and am bad at FPSs. I also really want to do a pilot suit build after that beta.

Anyone who would like to add me on Xbox can find me as Jedi McAndrew. I don't get long stretches to play most of the time but I'm on just about every day for a bit.

So, what I'm hearing is that it's basically Mecha-COD. Is that accurate? Is there any kind of single-player mode for those of us uninterested in playing online?

Every mode is online multiplayer. The campaign is essentially a radio drama that plays while you're shooting at other people on the same maps as the classic multiplayer mode. COD+mechs is a little reductive but yes, basically. The mobility stuff (wall running and double jumping) is what really sets it apart from COD in my opinion. The shooting in particular feels very much like COD though.

Every mode is online multiplayer. The campaign is essentially a radio drama that plays while you're shooting at other people on the same maps as the classic multiplayer mode. COD+mechs is a little reductive but yes, basically. The mobility stuff (wall running and double jumping) is what really sets it apart from COD in my opinion. The shooting in particular feels very much like COD though.

Right, I'm talking more in the sense of:

- FPS where the story is kinda pointless and is more just an excuse for setting.
- Unlocks/upgrades and killstreak type mechanisms in-game (which always pisses me off)
- Primary focus on multiplayer as the "core" of the game.

If that's the case and it's just dumb bots for offline play (if at all), I'll be giving this one a miss, even though it looks pretty. For the most part, my days of FPS multiplayer are behind me.

Just made level 32 and love the Smart Pistol. I have also found that if I call in my Titan but don't get into it, I can run around with it following me shooting at stuff. It also fights better than it does when I am in it. LOL. Also, if I die but my Titon does not, it's still there when I respawn.

I love this game.

Right, I'm talking more in the sense of:

- FPS where the story is kinda pointless and is more just an excuse for setting.
- Unlocks/upgrades and killstreak type mechanisms in-game (which always pisses me off)
- Primary focus on multiplayer as the "core" of the game.

If that's the case and it's just dumb bots for offline play (if at all), I'll be giving this one a miss, even though it looks pretty. For the most part, my days of FPS multiplayer are behind me.

Sounds like it's not your game then. The "story" is completely pointless, the only reason to do it is to unlock other titan chassis. The game is multiplayer only, absolutely no offline play. Unlocks and upgrades are progression based, but the game is balanced in a way that it really doesn't make that much of a difference. I'm bad at CoD and as a low level player with few unlocks I could still dominate other higher level players on occasion. The killstreaks don't do anything beyond speed up how fast you get your titan.

To me it feels different enough from CoD that it may be worth your time to try anyway. As I said, I'm bad at CoD (and terrible at Battlefield) and I can actually contribute in a meaningful fashion to most matches. Even for the players who aren't especially good at killing other players there are NPCs that can be killed that will earn you points and speed up your titan availability. It feels much more balanced to me than CoD did, both in terms of the gameplay itself and in terms of how a player can contribute regardless of skill level.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back