Tie-Pilot help..

josh

Hello there,

I've spent the last few months trying to decide what SW costume I'de like to build. And I've decided to do a Tie pilot ^^ I was wondering if you guys/gals have any idea where I should start. I'm not a big fan of ebay. So where can I get a nice helmet and the rest of what I need? Thanks for any help and for your time.

-Josh

Don't, under any circumstance, use a standard Don Post TIE helemt. You'll look like that shrunken head guy in Beetlejuice.

Fine a DP Classic Action or a custom job. That's my #1 tip.

Scott

PMTooper was right about Omega Wing. There's more information there than you ever wanted to know about the costume.

And as a corollary to Skaught's comment, the DP Classic action Altmann's are the best choices. The DP standard is below that (it's what I use), but IMO nothing is worse than a Rubies vinyl helmet.

I do make Tie armor and chestbox. I also can get you a FG Tie helmet.

PM me if you need more detail.

ebaytie07sm3ol.jpg
ebaytie20sm9ra.jpg

ourarmor242xr.jpg
Tiearmor.jpg

canona70008.jpg

The Rubies are the easiest to come by. But require a TON of work to get them to look right. But they (and the DP (regular)) are better proportioned for shorter ppl such as myself and Mr.BoJangles. The fiberglass ones are big enough as to make shorter ppl look like a bobbly head.

Thanks for all the info guys. by the way I'm 5'10 250 so I'm not sure about how I can get my scale body armor I'm about two of you mr. bojangles :lol. Oh and I did register over at Omega wing. They do seem crazy so I think I'll fit in well :love

-Josh

<div class='quotetop'>(SmilingOtter @ Jun 22 2006, 02:51 PM) [snapback]1265855[/snapback]</div>
PMTooper was right about Omega Wing. There's more information there than you ever wanted to know about the costume.

And as a corollary to Skaught's comment, the DP Classic action Altmann's are the best choices. The DP standard is below that (it's what I use), but IMO nothing is worse than a Rubies vinyl helmet.
[/b]

Dude, you did NOT just say that, did you? An Altmann's as one of the two best choices?.? Oh no . . . no, no, no. . . . That's almost like buying a Darth Vader helmet from them. Now, they do have some good helmets, but I've gotta tell 'ya . . . stay away from that TIE helmet. It just looks really bad. You've seen it, right: ALTMANNS ARMOR (look at that brow.).

Take a look into a TE, or even a fan-made fiberglass CA knock-off like the one by MLC. Just do me a favor and stay away from the TIE Altmann's. <shudders>

I'm 5'6" and 240 and I wear BoJangles AT-AT armor just fine. Both are a good buy. But you might do better to get a fiberglass bucket like the ones BoJangles has.

I'm actually more impressed with the TE/Laws helmet than any other. I like the SDS helmets but their underflare just looks ridiculous, otherwise a great helmet. The BoJangles isnt a familiar helmet to me but the white ones on the table look good as far as shape and proportion. The one in the center looks like a rubies or something. I have heard of a guy in the UK who also makes screen accurate TIE helmets for about $300. I have his info if youre interested. I'll be getting a LAWS version really soon and could show some pics of that. In my personal opinion, thats the only way to go. Im a bit on the anal side of costuming though.

Josh

canona70008.jpg

Let me clarify a little bit.

The center helmet is a Don Post standard and the other two is the helmet I am offering. They are FG and comes as you see. Primed and ready to be painted. I would highly recommend a little sanding to get it as smoothe as possible.

Size wise is the same as the Don Post Classic Action od the SDS helmet.

HTH.

:)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back