ThunderCats Lion-O Claw Shield 2011 complete new photos page2

Maulfett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm fan of the Thundercats old series big time, but the new one it is ok it is diferent in many things but have a good story, I have to say the new Lion-O claw shield it is a lot of better han the old one so i decided to make one using references photos from animation and toys. I bought the toy sword, it is great but in short concept only, good for me to use it for the claw.
After a lot skecth and drawwings ( brain damage:wacko) how to make it, i finally found the way, it is almost done and work almost perfect, the claw it is a shield armor to keep the sword and to hold it with the hand, it is not a claw for a secretary or office purpose:lol, so here are some photo from my only one claw made out first from paper then resin fiberglass and a lot of sanding :angry.

Last edited:
Re: ThunderCats Lion-O Claw Shield 2011

Wow,,,,, love the new series, was thinking I'd love to make one myself, the claw shield its really cool. More of a mechanical piece than a real lions paw as was the case in the original series. You have done an awesome join so far, can't wait to see it finished.

:eekIncredible work as always.Amazing skills and craftmanship.Can't wait to see it finished.Any chance of making casts after you are finished?:)

Nice. Haven't been able to watch the new cartoon yet but my 2 1/2 year old son loves the old cartoon.

PLEASE tell me you will offer these?
I was planing on building one myself, looks great!

Robb

dude that is awesome, looks great with the toy sword!

:eekIncredible work as always.Amazing skills and craftmanship.Can't wait to see it finished.Any chance of making casts after you are finished?:)
Thank you, making cast?....I don't know yet, very hard to make it, cause i have to make 9 MOLDS of diferents sizes for all the parts to complete the claw, then repeat three times other pulls for the armor fingers, plus assembly, paddind, straps, elastic fabric........when i finish a complete one so i'll let you here at the junkyard or ebay.

PLEASE tell me you will offer these?
Robb

MOOORE! For the love of God MOOORE!!!
Thanks very soon.

Wow,,,,, love the new series, was thinking I'd love to make one myself, the claw shield its really cool. More of a mechanical piece than a real lions paw as was the case in the original series. You have done an awesome join so far, can't wait to see it finished.
Thanks, it took me a lot thinking of how to make it and make it work so far i have to complete the rest of the fingers armor and make the last test before painting.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back