"Those Funny Little People" - Dancing Gnomes on "America's got Talent"

MadMike

Hey Guys,
just saw a show about the funniest tv moments on German television. half of it wasn't something i would call "funny", but they also showed a clip from America's got Talent where people in gardengnomes-costumes performed "Ice Ice Baby" (if you don't know it, here's the video)

for some reason, i always loved such oversized heads, and now i'm interested if someone here has even the slightest idea how these costumes work, especially the moving lips.

any ideas how they did it? motors? remote control? or just wired to the dancers lips? :lol

I believe it's a little more simple, it looks like the movement it's made with the hand, for example, the one that looks like a gentleman moves only the right hand, the left hand stays like "glued" to the body and only moves when the leg moves, so I think the real left hand is the one doing the movement on the mouth.

i think you are right, when looking at the arms, all of them seem to move only one.

but then, the next question would be how and where they look through, as their hand would be very disturbing if they look through the mouth

i think you are right, when looking at the arms, all of them seem to move only one.

but then, the next question would be how and where they look through, as their hand would be very disturbing if they look through the mouth

If you look at the first one that talks when he gets on the stage, Pause at 2:07 He has a hole in his hat. They are not little people , they are normal sized with their heads inside the hats. The other ones has a badge or something stuck on their hats that hides the hole.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back