Thor Ragnarok Hulk's Hammer

tbroumley

Hello all. My son decided he wanted to be Thor this year, so we are going with the Ragnarok fight scene version. He wants to wield the giant hammer thing that the Hulk comes out with (pic below). I'm new to making a prop that size. I need to make it light enough for him to hold, he's only 8 (pic below with current state of his costume). What material(s) would you all suggest? Foam and PVC?

31786586_10212144021824634_2782828290262433792_o.jpg

hulk-gladiator-armor-003.jpg

Foam and PVC would definitely be the way to go to make this as light as possible. If you also made the head of the hammer hollow, that would cut down on a lot of weight too.

I hope this helps. :)

I'm just a little concerned with it feeling "floppy" (for a lack of a better description). I'll just brace it up pretty well with foam strips. Thx.
Foam and PVC would definitely be the way to go to make this as light as possible. If you also made the head of the hammer hollow, that would cut down on a lot of weight too.

I hope this helps. :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back