Thin Knurled Folmer GRAFLEX Red Buttons…

Captain Dunsel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
While it seems that the the price of GRAFLEX flashes are pretty much back to pre-Force Awakens levels, there is one particular part that keeps going up in cost….the early Folmer “thin knurled” Red Buttons.

I only have two of these, and every time I try to find another one, the prices are outrageous ($400, plus—just for the button).

Is anyone (Romans Empire maybe :) ?) planning on starting to offer these rare buttons?

CA0B064F-D6B0-496B-AFEA-2A648802788C.jpeg

Last edited:
That's funny. I was just wondering about this the other day. I used to see these all the time for sale on the forums or ebay and now that I've turned my interest toward the stunt hilts, I haven't been seeing them at all.

If these replicas were made, I might have to revisit the idea of making an installed Luke ANH stunt/ fx saber. For years I went back and forth on making one, but with the prices of the originals skyrocketing, the only way I would even consider adding this to my project list again would be with a replica button. I'm surprised that with all the varieties of hilts and variations on the Graflex sabers, I don't think I've ever seen an installed replica hilt in that style other than early attempts I made almost 20 years ago. So see the original "ignited" saber with the correct hilt with lights and sounds would be really cool.

If these replicas were made, I might have to revisit the idea of making an installed Luke ANH stunt/ fx saber. For years I went back and forth on making one, but with the prices of the originals skyrocketing, the only way I would even consider adding this to my project list again would be with a replica button. I'm surprised that with all the varieties of hilts and variations on the Graflex sabers, I don't think I've ever seen an installed replica hilt in that style other than early attempts I made almost 20 years ago. So see the original "ignited" saber with the correct hilt with lights and sounds would be really cool.
That or even forgo lights and keep the reflective motorized blade and add just a soundboard. That'd be cool too.

I too have been asking for these for years..

Motor stunt
Wampa cave stunt
Discarded stunt

I see a big market for these single knurled buttons

I have two, and one of them is really rusty and destroyed.. I ended up cold casting my good one and painting it the best I could to display on my stunts..

Been dying for someone to do a run

eethan … time for you to step in ;)
Ahah thank you Markus, I'm very busy right now though!
I could see me doing the striped down silver kobold if no one else did, but red buttons have to be chromed I guess, so better leave this to someone more experienced with this :)

But yeah, this is all very exciting!
Cheers guys

I've build a couple of AHN stunt hilts last year that had both a motor and fx installed. Some pictures here:

I too have been asking for these for years..

Motor stunt
Wampa cave stunt
Discarded stunt

I see a big market for these single knurled buttons

I have two, and one of them is really rusty and destroyed.. I ended up cold casting my good one and painting it the best I could to display on my stunts..

Been dying for someone to do a run
What about getting some heat resistant rubber the kind used for pewter casting.
If I can't find a part or have a plastic part i want in metal that's the way I tend to go and if you mess up you get to reheat as many times as you like and it's low melting point is a plus point too.
You can pick up Pewter goblets cheaper in thrift stores for a few £/$ rather than paying out for a lump of new pewter.

I'm just hopefully devising a way to cast a certain bounty hunters ears.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back