The Wand Company to reissue their Star Trek communicator?

The communicator battery is replaceable and easy to get at. If a lithium battery drains completely the cells can be damaged, so I try to charge my wand phasers and communicators up from time to time to keep the battery working as long as possible, I even charge the extra ones I bought that are still kept in the box in a closet.

yeah especially if you get the tricorder and want to complete the landing party set, it will cost you an arm and a leg.

I bought 4 phasers and 3 communicators and will probably get a couple tricorders too, I have not sold any for profit so far but I did give a set to my friend who is also a trekie and he displays them in his office.

I display a B&W SD Studios phaser and a stock phaser with an upgraded Stapleton Handel and one communicator, the others I keep hidden away in the box, incase anything happens to my display models.
Yeah I usually buy multiple too, most of my WC comms have been hero modded so having multiple of those was a given hehe. I'm working on a B&W build as I don't have that version phaser ATM... taking a while though because I work a lot.

Are these backstock? Must be right? Pre Order but ready to ship out Nov17? They must be over stock from the initial production? Very good price, indeed. If I didn't already own 2, I'd be down.

“To mark Star Trek’s 55th anniversary, the Wand Company's premium Original Series Communicator replica is back, with all new voice clips.”

If I recall there was no Kirk clips before, you were supposed to interact as if you were Kirk I guess? So maybe we can interact with Kirk this time.

It's back. Well worth it considering all the price gouging.
Looks like they changed the left Jewel to yellow, unless thats just the lighting, I wonder what else they changed, the actors voice files are different, the outer box is different too. I already have two but I ordered another one just for good measure, 20 new voice Files, I gotta have me some of that!

Last edited:
Looks like they changed the left Jewel to yellow, unless thats just the lighting, I wonder what else they changed, the actors voice files are different, the outer box is different too. I already have two but I ordered another one just for good measure, 20 new voice Files, I gotta have me some of that!
Where does it say about new voice clips? I can only see specs like it showed on the original release.

Where does it say about new voice clips? I can only see specs like it showed on the original release.
From one of their FB posts:

Hi Mark,

There are only a couple of changes. The packaging and manual is updated. This will now match the tricorder packaging which will follow the same theme of laminated matt black over-printed with simple gloss UV showing an iconic representation of the product inside. The other and perhaps more important change is that this new communicator has 17 new voice clips in it. Details of the clips can be found on our communicator manual page, although not all the clips are written out in full

From one of their FB posts:

Hi Mark,

There are only a couple of changes. The packaging and manual is updated. This will now match the tricorder packaging which will follow the same theme of laminated matt black over-printed with simple gloss UV showing an iconic representation of the product inside. The other and perhaps more important change is that this new communicator has 17 new voice clips in it. Details of the clips can be found on our communicator manual page, although not all the clips are written out in full

Sweet, thanks for sharing :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back