The Simpsons - Krustyland Theme Park Hat

agliarept

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Visited Universal last week for Halloween Horror Nights and was let down by the lack of fun merch for Krustyland. I figured, if the mouse can have hats with ears on it, so could Krusty.

my thoughts were then validated when I saw the below Bart plush wearing one! So, I decided to tackle this project as a challenge in both 3d sculpting and manufacturing, as I've never produced a hat before.

Here's the photo i'm referencing for inspiration:

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 11.02.39 AM.png

What I'm basing my sculpt for the hair on:
3230021371_5b5e3dfa85_b.jpg

What i'm basing my colors on (since Krusty has very varying colors used throughout the show:
Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 11.05.06 AM.png

My sculpt so far (it's been updated since this photo and prepped for 3d printing on Monday 10/23).
Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 11.07.41 AM.png

Base Hat (this is a happy medium i'm comfortable with for both the off-white/cream and the pink/orange/sometimes brown mouth color lol)
il_1140xN.5358404460_oxuf.jpg

Here's a VERY CRUDE mocked up with the eyes/nose patch I designed ( i think each hair piece will be 7" in length)
--81_900x 2.jpg

I'll circle back once I have some in-hand tangible parts to mock up and refine.

Aiming to have this done by November.

Last edited:
After several failed prints (too oversized, ill supported, bad orientation) I now have my prototype pieces ready for paint and attaching.

The pieces are hollow and only 1.3mm thick, so light.

Need to figure out what glue would work best with resin and fabric. Any recs?

Photo Oct 24 2023, 4 52 24 PM copy.jpg

Photo Oct 24 2023, 8 59 44 PM copy.jpg

LOL!

Ordering patches today to make a limited number of these eventually.

Was given some good advice on maybe casting the ears in self skinning foam? Would make more sense but have to figure that out downstream.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back