The RPF key-ring (approved)

Turbo Sausage

Hello fellow RPF members, it is with great pride and actual pleasure that I am able to share with you this RPF key-ring. It's available to purchase directly from Shapeways in a variety of materials and colors, and each one sold will raise money for the RPF.

I recently approached Art Andrews with the idea of designing this piece, initially for myself, but also with the thought that it could be shared with the rest of the community, to my delight he has now approved the design and given permission for it to be shared with all of you via Shapeways!

625x465_2964655_7990112_1418922963.jpg Please click here to be directed to the key-ring.

Any feedback on the design, such as thickness and scale etc. is very welcome, I will be happy to make changes to the model and if necessary get them approved by Art Andrews to make this into something that the community is truly happy with.

I really am glad that I can give a little something back to the RPF, I honestly believe it was the inspiration from other members here that has led me down a new career path in the 3D modelling and printing industry.

Thanks for the inspiration,

Turbo Sausage

625x465_2964655_7990112_1418922963.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, glad you like it! :thumbsup

I've ordered one in polished bronze steel and another in black plastic, I'll update here with pictures when they arrive but I've been really happy with the detail of metal parts so far so I'm sure it will turn out great. It will be interesting to see if members get creative and make their's unique, I'm already thinking about flowing some bright green enamel paint into the cut out to make it pop, or maybe do a bit of an RD-D2 color scheme? hmm, I'm gonna need more prints..

Last edited:
Just a quick update to show everyone how it turned out.

Polished bronze steel shown in this picture, if you are going to get one then metal is the way to go!

Also, if anybody else buys one then please do mention it here so that Art has a good idea of whats going on. It's the easiest way of him seeing what's actually being bought and what people prefer material and colour wise. Thanks!

DSC_0142_2.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back