The Raid: Redemption

Scareb

Sr Member
I just got home from seeing an advanced screening of it. All I can say is HOLY ****. This film was beyond amazing.

For those of you don't know, it's an Indonesian film about a Swat team raiding a tower block being run by a drug dealing gangster. Things go wrong, time for fun.

It was like Ong Bak with swat guys, guns, knives and some pretty brutal violence. I almost laughed every time something juicy would happen and the audience would let out a collective "OOH!"

Go see it!!!!

They used to do great fight scenes like these in movies but now that there are no action stars they went flat. over here they always have to be flashy and complicated yet the ones from the westerns were the most realistic. One or two punches and the guy falls lol.

The fights in this film are flashy but in a technical way. They're fast and hard hitting. I obviously didn't time it but I believe there was one fight that was 6 or 7 minutes long.

^ Same here, I've been waiting for this one! Apparently Hollywood is going to make an American version soon.

Gah, I've been looking forward to seeing this. Can't wait!

And OF COURSE Hollywood is going to do an American remake. Sure, they could just pay to have the movie distributed state-side, but that would involve the audience reading subtitles! And who the hell wants to READ these days?! :rolleyes

For those who haven't seen the trailer:
The Raid : Redemption - Official Trailer [HD] - YouTube

I could see the American film gutting all the martial arts in place of shooting which pretty much defeats the purpose of the movie.

The soundtrack/film score was also done by Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park. Surprisingly the soundtrack really complemented the film.

Whats making it worse (for me) is they keep showing commercials for it on TV, hopefully that means itll come to my area soon

EDIT: Just found out it just started playing in a theatre not to far from me. Gonna try and see it on Friday.

Last edited:
Just got back from seeing it, and damn was it good. After the initial 12-15min its one huge fight. Think of it like the old school NES Kung Fu game. Where you would have to fight a bunch of guys before moving up to the next floor.

My only complaint and its minor but the ending is kinda anti climatic. Definitely worth watching.

THE RAID,, Redemption

Holy Crapzoli this movie was awesome. Its in subtitles and I think it was banned in most of the free world due to the extreme violence but if you like Police/Military /Martial arts type movies, GO SEE THIS.. These guys make Jet Li look like peewee Herman. Its in theatres in NC right now. Heres a idea of how violent it is. A SWAT team has raided a fortified building run by a Crime Lord,,

Warning- VERY VIOLENT

THE RAID FILM INDONESIA PART 1 (IKO UWAIS) - YouTube

Seriously one of the coolest movies I've ever seen, I can't wait until it comes out on DVD. The fight scenes were amazing, non-stop action. My friend fell asleep in the theater somehow.

If the US is doing a re-make I think it would do well if they added the girl from Haywire.

Watching her fight scenes was ridiculous, it was like they told her co-stars to have free reign on kicking her ass.

I'll be looking forward to this one.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back