The Ninja - Star Wars Vintage Parts Hunting & Props - UPDATE - Vintage Junex Sabrina 23 & Qualcast 23 Carpet Sweepers

My telegraph version didn't have any button at all when I found it, unfortunately. :( Not even the telegraph switch assembly.

One thing I'd like to do/am curious about is using a shoulder puller on that red button area.

Remember back in the day someone made shoulder pullers for plumbing tubes, to simulate the Graflex?

Does anyone still have a shoulder puller, or know where one's at? I'd love to borrow one to try this out, although the plating on the Graflex would likely suffer, so I'm not totally sure (not to mention that there's no threading on mine where the button would go, either, so I assume mine is a version that had no red button at all, just like Teecrooz).

Still, I'd love to borrow someone's, if anyone still has one!!

"I wasn’t aware there was a telegraph with a red button. Mine has no threading so that the telegraph contact hits the two contacts in the hole."

That is an awesome find! My feeling is that it was modified at some point by the original user, or at some point in its history, rather than being a production variant. You wouldn't need both triggers so they probably upgraded to the push button and just left the original trigger in place. Although I suppose it could be an interim part variation. If they had some of the Telegraph style left over and wanted to use them up while transitioning into the early Folmer style.

Last edited:
I had a shoulder puller until I loaned it to someone and they never returned it and disappeared. Sounds like a delicate operation but you could use some duct tape to protect the finish. Also the shoulder you get isn't 100% accurate. At least not the one I had -- though it was great for the sink tube replica days.

Last edited:
I wasn’t aware there was a telegraph with a red button. Mine has no threading so that the telegraph contact hits the two contacts in the hole.

My telegraph version didn't have any button at all when I found it, unfortunately. :( Not even the telegraph switch assembly.

One thing I'd like to do/am curious about is using a shoulder puller on that red button area.

Remember back in the day someone made shoulder pullers for plumbing tubes, to simulate the Graflex?

Does anyone still have a shoulder puller, or know where one's at? I'd love to borrow one to try this out, although the plating on the Graflex would likely suffer, so I'm not totally sure (not to mention that there's no threading on mine where the button would go, either, so I assume mine is a version that had no red button at all, just like Teecrooz).

Still, I'd love to borrow someone's, if anyone still has one!!

"I wasn’t aware there was a telegraph with a red button. Mine has no threading so that the telegraph contact hits the two contacts in the hole."

That is an awesome find! My feeling is that it was modified at some point by the original user, or at some point in its history, rather than being a production variant. You wouldn't need both triggers so they probably upgraded to the push button and just left the original trigger in place. Although I suppose it could be an interim part variation. If they had some of the Telegraph style left over and wanted to use them up while transitioning into the early Folmer style.

Yes my in-hand Telegraph is the same as yours Chris & Dann it has no Red Button threading or shoulder, a lot of the historical information I have was provided by an old-timer Graflex camera collector via Jim Smith.

The images I posted was to highlight the recessed band below the knurling on the early Folmer Red Buttons beside the Folmer Red Button we are accustomed to see on Folmer Graflex Flash.

Last edited:
Well, I promise, to whomever still has a shoulder puller, that I WILL return it!!

Or, hey, maybe it's something I can build myself. Anyone have any pics/plans?

Vintage Folmer Graflex CORP New York 3-Cell Flash

I posted earlier that I picked up this amazing vintage Folmer Graflex CORP New York 3-Cell Flash, which I believe was built during the first year of production following on shortly after the "Telegraph" Folmer Graflex CORP New York 3-Cell Flash and before the design was changed.

The flash has a very chrome looking shinny finish similar to the "Telegraph" (which I tried to pickup in the photos but I think I failed) along with an early version Red Button which has a recessed band under the knurling, the Glass Eye has the dark glass eye along with the sharper V with the thin edge being rounded along with the same chrome looking finish.

145.jpg

145.jpg 146.jpg 147.jpg 148.jpg
149.jpg 150.jpg

The Red Button design changed;

142.jpg

Last edited:
Vintage Graflex Flash Collection

My all vintage Folmer Graflex CORP New York + Folmer Graflex CORP 2310165 + Graflex Inc. Flash collection which I put together over the past 18 months.

Top Row Left to Right:

Graflex Flash Synchronizer Retail Box with Graflex Inc. 3-Cell Flash & 7" Reflector

Graflex Inc. 5-Cell Flash

Graflex Inc. 4-Cell Flash

Graflex Inc. 3-Cell Flash

Graflex Inc. 2-Cell Flash

Graflex Inc. Slave Unit x10

Bottom Rowe Left to Right:

Telegraph Folmer Graflex CORP New York 3-Cell Flash

Folmer Graflex CORP New York 3-Cell Flash x 3

Folmer Graflex CORP 2310165 3-Cell Flash (ALL vintage ANH Build)

Folmer Graflex CORP 2310165 3-Cell Flash x5

Folmer Graflex CORP 2310165 2-Cell Flash

Graflex Inc. 3-Cell Flash x2

151.jpg

Vintage Folmer Graflex CORP New York 3-Cell Flash

The flash has a very chrome looking shinny finish similar to the "Telegraph" (which I tried to pickup in the photos but I think I failed) along with an early version Red Button which has a recessed band under the knurling, the Glass Eye has the dark glass eye along with the sharper V with the thin edge being rounded along with the same chrome looking finish.

The condition is absolutely amazing given the Flash is some 91 years old.

Interesting, my Folmer Graflex has a similar chrome finish to it (less "brushed" looking). Makes sense that this would be earlier in production as everything going forward had the more typical brushed finish to it. I sometimes wonder if we could attribute this more chrome look to the type used for the RotJ Vader stunt style? That is often seen as having a shinier finish to it.

Interesting, my Folmer Graflex has a similar chrome finish to it (less "brushed" looking). Makes sense that this would be earlier in production as everything going forward had the more typical brushed finish to it. I sometimes wonder if we could attribute this more chrome look to the type used for the RotJ Vader stunt style? That is often seen as having a shinier finish to it.

Its possible as the Folmer Graflex Flash I have in-hand all have a chrome looking finish, with the latest one I picked up being the stand out with its chrome looking shinny finish.

Vintage Graflex Flash Collection

My all vintage Folmer Graflex CORP New York + Folmer Graflex CORP 2310165 + Graflex Inc. Flash collection which I put together over the past 18 months.

Top Row Left to Right:

Graflex Flash Synchronizer Retail Box with Graflex Inc. 3-Cell Flash & 7" Reflector

Graflex Inc. 5-Cell Flash

Graflex Inc. 4-Cell Flash

Graflex Inc. 3-Cell Flash

Graflex Inc. 2-Cell Flash

Graflex Inc. Slave Unit x10

Bottom Rowe Left to Right:

Telegraph Folmer Graflex CORP New York 3-Cell Flash

Folmer Graflex CORP New York 3-Cell Flash x 3

Folmer Graflex CORP 2310165 3-Cell Flash (ALL vintage ANH Build)

Folmer Graflex CORP 2310165 3-Cell Flash x5

Folmer Graflex CORP 2310165 2-Cell Flash

Graflex Inc. 3-Cell Flash x2

View attachment 987413

That picture is giving me goosebumps!!! love it Ian :)

That picture is giving me goosebumps!!! love it Ian :)

Thanks Markus there is some beautiful vintage flashes in the collection, it's taken some serious hunting to put the collection together, I am kind of proud that the bulk of the flashes will be kept & displayed as found, a real little time capsule for the future :)

Its fascinating to see the evolution of the "telegraph" to the "red button with beer tab". One could imagine a timelapse of the various vintages morphing from one into another.

Very nice Ian! Love the group shot. Have you posted that on the Graflex Addicts page?

I bet Matt would make that the banner if you submitted it.

Its fascinating to see the evolution of the "telegraph" to the "red button with beer tab". One could imagine a timelapse of the various vintages morphing from one into another.

Yeah it's amazing to look at the slight changes and just how much of the original design remained unchanged from the "Telegraph" Folmer Graflex to the end of production Graflex Inc.

Last edited:
Very nice Ian! Love the group shot. Have you posted that on the Graflex Addicts page?

I bet Matt would make that the banner if you submitted it.

Thanks Chris, I originally took the photo with the 3x Folmer Graflex versions but it looked to cluttered, I liked this layout better :love:

I was considering posting my Graflex Collection & Folmer Graflex photos in the Addicts Group, I will post today.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back