The Ninja - Star Wars Vintage Parts Hunting & Props - UPDATE - Vintage Junex Sabrina 23 & Qualcast 23 Carpet Sweepers

Vintage AS Handwheels & Taps

I recently hunted these vintage AS Handwheels & Taps from the UK, which arrived today, they came up nice with a quick clean, the handwheels only have some very minor marks & chipping to the chrome platting, I am thinking of displaying this set as part of my vintage Obi Display, I will need to get a Display Block made up to mount them...

302.jpg

302.jpg

4x Hales Restoration Commission

Latest update from Dustin newmagrathea

Wind Vane Ring Repair

I was lucky that one of the Hales I picked up had the accurate Wind Vane Ring, unfortunately it was cracked, but I wanted to use this Wind Vane on my vintage Obi build if possible, Dustin recently posted his restoration video & did an amazing job repairing the cracked Wind Vane Ring & re-fitting the Fins I think it looks awesome (y)

305.jpg

303.jpg 304.jpg 305.jpg

Whw
Vintage Browning MKII Booster & Barrel Jacket

I am another step closer to obtaining all the parts for my Real Parts Obi Saber, I finally have a vintage Browning MKII Booster, I need to thank Markus OdiWan72 for all his time & effort in putting this together for me, you are a champion buddy (y)

I am stoked to not only get a Booster but to also get the Booster Nut & Pin and the Barrel Jacket which I plan to display along with a Flash Suppressor I picked up last year :D

View attachment 993561
View attachment 993561

View attachment 993562 View attachment 993563
where can I git one!

LEGO Blasters & Lightsabers

I think like many here on the RPF I enjoyed LEGO as a kid and now find myself in my second childhood designing & building LEGO :D

I thought it would be cool to share photos of my custom LEGO Blasters & Lightsabers some I purchased from Demon Hunter Bricks and modded and others I designed myself using LDD.

339.jpg

340.jpg

Blasters:

TFA - Han Blaster

306.jpg

307.jpg

TFA - Rey Blaster & Speeder

308.jpg

Lightsabers:

TPM - Maul Lightsaber

344.jpg

343.jpg

The saber is too long 64cm / 25" for my photo area so this was the best I could do.

AOTC - Yoda Lightsaber

309.jpg

310.jpg

TCW - Pre Vizsla Dark Saber

342.jpg

341.jpg

ROTS - Anakin Lightsaber

311.jpg

312.jpg

ANH - Luke Lightsaber

313.jpg

314.jpg

ANH - Luke Yavin Medal

315.jpg

ANH - Obi-Wan Lightsaber

316.jpg

317.jpg

ANH - Vader Lightsaber

318.jpg

319.jpg

ESB - Luke Lightsaber

320.jpg

321.jpg

ESB - Vader Lightsaber

322.jpg

323.jpg

Roy roygilsing your ESB MPP Wires work with LEGO (y)

ROTJ - Luke Lightsaber

324.jpg

325.jpg

ROTJ - Luke Lightsaber V2

326.jpg

327.jpg

Danny Halliwax hows the accuracy of this V2 ;)

ROTJ Vader Lightsaber

328.jpg

329.jpg

TFA - Rey Lightsaber

330.jpg

331.jpg

TFA - Ky-Lo Ren Lightsaber

332.jpg

333.jpg

TLJ - Rey Lightsaber

334.jpg

TROS - Rey Lightsaber

The bricks finally arrived and I was able to build my LEGO TROS - Rey Lightsaber I now just need to wait for the TROS LEGO Kits to be released so I can pickup a Rey Minifig.

345.jpg

347.jpg

TFU - Starkiller Lightsaber

336.jpg

337.jpg

338.jpg

306.jpg 307.jpg 308.jpg

343.jpg 344.jpg

309.jpg 310.jpg 341.jpg 342.jpg 311.jpg 312.jpg 313.jpg 314.jpg 315.jpg

316.jpg 317.jpg 318.jpg 319.jpg 320.jpg 321.jpg 322.jpg 323.jpg 324.jpg

325.jpg 326.jpg 327.jpg 328.jpg 329.jpg 330.jpg 331.jpg 332.jpg 333.jpg

334.jpg 345.jpg 346.jpg 347.jpg 336.jpg 337.jpg 338.jpg

339.jpg

340.jpg

Last edited:
I love the S*Eating grin on Dustin’s face at the beginning.
Let me know if you (newmagrathea) have any questions about removing the weld connecting the booster to the barrel jacket.

Ha! Yeah I was pretty stoked about it.
I'm planning to use a cutting wheel on my Dremel. I'll make the cut straight down next to the fins of the booster, I'm hoping the pin/rivit will come free, and the booster will unscrew from there.

I’ve read articles of people who got his autograph and he told them never to watch Star Wars again

This was before his role in ESB and ROTJ

I think Sir Alec’s views have been misunderstood over the years based on a couple of quotes. He enjoyed it but simply grew tired of the SW attention and preferred to be remembered for his previous roles.
He didn’t “hate” it, just wasn’t a science fiction fan and the story of him telling a child to never watch it again was somewhat tongue-in-cheek
He signed plenty of SW items ttm over the years.

I’ve read articles of people who got his autograph and he told them never to watch Star Wars again

This was before his role in ESB and ROTJ

The first time I met Anthony Daniels (over 20 years ago), he asked how many times I had seen Star Wars. When I told him probably hundreds of times, he said "Oh my, that's too many times! Please never watch them again. There's more movies out there to see." Even though I was pretty young when he told me that, I knew he was joking. That, & he told me directly, so I could see that he was joking around.
Hearing stories of others who've heard from others who've heard from others, on & on & on,... I don't know, maybe they hit Alec Guinness on an off day, or an off moment. The first time I met David Prowess, he was very stand-off-ish. But all the other times I met him, he was wonderful & great to talk with.

Ha! Yeah I was pretty stoked about it.
I'm planning to use a cutting wheel on my Dremel. I'll make the cut straight down next to the fins of the booster, I'm hoping the pin/rivit will come free, and the booster will unscrew from there.

If I can make any suggestion at all, I would make your vertical cut into the weldment “nub” about 1-2mm away from the booster vanes and then file the rest of the way toward the vanes. My experience has been that I then needed to make a horizontal cut through the weldment nub toward the vertical cut, and finally drilling down through the hole the weldment nub is above/is filling in the barrel jacket.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back