The Millionth Pep Iron Man Mk7 Helmet this Forum Must Have Seen... (With timelapse!)

chazodude

Hi There!

Bit of an amateur here - I've built some Halo pepakura projects a fair few years ago, but since then, nothing. I wanted to rectify this and rekindle my fledgling love of prop building by starting a new project. Hence, After getting caught up in the hype about Iron Man 3, I've decided to build the Mark 7 (with many thanks for Darkside501st and Sharkmarks files) as I feel it's a nice balance between old and new.

I'm starting with the helmet only, and if it turns out okay down the road we'll see if I have the time and motivation to finish a suit! So, enough waffling, without further ado here's my progress so far... around 5 days cutting in the evening and 2 days solid gluing and assembling has left me with this:

8942765647_d15b9fe1f2_z.jpg
8942770173_6dc998ce45_z.jpg

8942750665_25ee9b4cf3_z.jpg

To see some more photos/see them fullsized check out the whole album on Flickr: Iron Man Mk7 Helmet - a set on Flickr

And here's a timelapse video of me making the majority of the helmet:

Not too bad for a first go I think... although there's a few small details where the pep could be cleaner, I'm happy with it in general. Hoping to fiberglass soon, need to get supplies first. My last stocks had to be left behind when we moved country last year.

Thanks so much for taking a look - any feedback would be greatly appreciated! :D

-Charlie

Attachments

• 8942765647_d15b9fe1f2_z.jpg
    8942765647_d15b9fe1f2_z.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 8942770173_6dc998ce45_z.jpg
    8942770173_6dc998ce45_z.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 8942750665_25ee9b4cf3_z.jpg
    8942750665_25ee9b4cf3_z.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Millionth Pep Iron Man Mk7 Helmet this Forum Must Have Seen...

Your off to a great start there my friend. Looking foward to seeing more...GM

Thanks for the positive reaction - this is the easy part though haha! We'll see if my fiberglassing has improved since my last attempts :p

I have a quick question regarding the sides of the helmet... just above the thick black line running around the side over the ears are several 'panels' which I didnt cut, and instead scored. As a result there is not much curvature to the sides of the helmet. I wondered if the side should be particularly curved, or if it is meant to be pretty much straight? I'm trying to find some references of this particular area to check myself, but thought you pros might be able to give me a clue!

I did the same with mine. Im pretty sure that its supposed to be mainly straight with only ever slightly curved. Mines more or pess straight with a little curving near the bottom of the section if that makes any sense. Not sure if its accutate though. You will probably shape it woth bondo anyway

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Re: The Millionth Pep Iron Man Mk7 Helmet this Forum Must Have Seen... (With timelaps

Added a little timelapse I made of the gluing process to my first post, showing the helmet from start to finish being made :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back