The Mask (Jim Carrey) Necktie -FINISHED-

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks to the help of a couple of individuals, I'm getting very close finishing an accurate replica of the tie worn by Jim Carrey as The Mask:

carrey-proto1.jpg

The above prototype still needs a few tweaks to make it perfect, but it'll give you an idea of what to expect. The end result should be very accurate, right down to the tone-on-tone silk.

I'm hoping to have the first run finished by the end of June.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

UPDATE on post #29: http://www.therpf.com/f24/mask-jim-carrey-necktie-116071/index2.html#post1760926

Last edited:
Re: The Mask (Jim Carrey) Necktie

Loving it. :)

Was the movie tie a found item or custom made?

EDIT: Found the answer to my own question - apparently the tie and suspenders were bought off-the-shelf from International Silks and Woolens in Los Angeles. LOOONG since sold out/discontinued though.

Last edited:

Because of the printing of the tie and the custom fabric, this run is going to have to be extra large. I'm curious if there is going to be enough demand for this tie... with only two replies to this thread, I'm having second thoughts. So, if you're interested in seeing this go forward, please post a little something.

Thanks,
Indy

YES YES YES!!
Count me in for buying one - I've wanted this tie for years! Way to go!

Ah, what the hey... in for a penny, in for a pound. I might as well do the run and hope for the best!

Fingers crossed,
Indy

im on, I still have the tie from the official halloween costume which is exactly spot on just really really thin lol. How much are you thinking these will cost?

I would like to be in assuming I can get the funds and if this going to be available in a tall?!? (I am 6 foot 7 inches)

These will be made in only one size (not sure of the measurement right now, but it'll most likely be a typical modern length).

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back