The Golden Closet - prop store

Smitty77

Greetings folks,
As you know, I'm pretty new to all this prop world and how it works.
I'd like to ask your thoughts on The Golden Closet prop store. Have Any of you dealt with them before?!!? I love alot of their props and am going to send in payment this week for several pieces. It seems As they charge a premium price but looks like nice stuff.

Any thoughts or experiences?
Thanks! :)

Breanna, from The Golden Closet, is one of the most honest, professional, and nicest of people you would ever want to do business with.

The company has an excellent reputation. :thumbsup

Never dealt with them, but extremely high prices. I'd buy the Thunder hat from Big Trouble in Little China, but price is too high for me to justify it. Hell, that hat at $3500 would cost more than my entire Destroyer costume from DOOM, with his full prop gun, and all of my screen matched Puppet Master props combined. Yowza!

Would love to see your screen matched Puppet Master items. Items from the first film are extremely rare.

I was lucky to acquire the hero evil grin Jester puppet head that I screen matched from Puppet Master, Puppet Master 2, and a few others from the franchise.

And thank you moviepropcollector, I will post pics of all my goodies I get from her here real soon!! I can't wait. Like a kid waiting on Christmas!! Lol

I love alot of their props and am going to send in payment this week for several pieces.

depending on the pieces you are interested in....i would recommend contacting them to see how many they have of the particular item.....

there maybe duplicates of the item you are interested in....

Are their prices negotiable, is that what your saying??? Lol

haha...

it just they had a few particular props and had a a few duplicates of them...no where in the listing stated they had duplicates...so people were spending an arm and a leg for it just to find out the company had a few of them

i thought it was very misleading...a sorta premiere props type of dealing

Everything always ridiculously overpriced, even by screenused prop dealer standards; I no longer bother to check their website. Everyone has a right to make a profit but their prices are just pure greed.

Yes it is a bit pricey, but, when ya want it And only they have it they can do that lol.
I wish the world was different on that! Lol

I will say their customer service and kindness have been second to none I've ever dealt with. Breanna has been very kind to me and returns calls or emails. So far a great experience!! I will post pics as soon as the pieces I order arrive !! :)

While math was never my best subject, buying and selling is a pretty simple concept.

When someone is selling something they want a million dollars. Meaning they usually want the most they can get for the item.

When someone wants to buy something, they want it for a dollar. Meaning they want to pay the least for an item.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything. You either do or you don't. Your choice.

The Golden Closet is an honest, reputable, and easy to deal with merchant with an excellent reputation in Hollywood. Breanna and her company are one of the best.

Last edited:
I'll agree with that. If i want it bad enough or been searching forever for an item. i will pay more for said item. I don't want to pay so much, but I want it. Some Times you feel as you got away with murder on an item by paying less. Simple supply n demand at times.

The site looks great, prices are high on some items. Nothing jumps out at me other than the Big Trouble in little China hat. I'm not rich or cool enough to pay that price tho. I'll keep an eye on the site tho

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back