The First/Second Doctors Sonic, $2 + $3 shipping

0neiros

Master Member
As we Whovians know, the very first Sonic Screwdrivers seen on the show looked like this -
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNw7_1kwbhNVGHgsu3N2_0fIeYn8fIvnpAJTypFNluQn--v-Zk.jpg

So I was surfing wish.com (If you've never been there, then I apologize to your wallet) when I saw this -
6hkz9s.jpg

2emzclk.jpg

33mq460.jpg

The Clip and lanyard are removable, It's USB Rechargeable (uses standard Micro USB and comes with a short charging cable), Sturdily made (Heavy, thick aluminum, Last one I had was Very thin aluminum), and puts out a heck of a bright white light (Cree LED). Like the title said it's $2 with $3 shipping, a real bargain for a flashlight, for a Dr. Who prop, it's a steal IMHO.

Here's the link, I'm going to order a few more. Please note these ship from China, so may take 3-6 weeks to arrive, and if you have any problems, I know from personal experience that Wish.com has excellent customer service and if it's broken Post pics and they'll refund you quickly.

Here's the direct link to it -

500Lm Usb Rechargeable Lamp Q5 Led Flashlight Torch Waterproof Design With Metal Clip Pen Size Pocke | Wish

Last edited:
Ah well as we Dr Who fans now know, the 1st sonic screwdriver was in fact a safety whistle from a life jacket. There's a great discovery & facts & figs 'history of' here at the RPF. For more information you should also ask Brian Terrasolo.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back