The Encounter

Outfreakingstanding Joe!
I love it!
wish I had this kit ;)
I was wondering if you were going to have a go at this kit. Thanks so much for posting! :D

Joe - I'm curious about something...have you ever considered doing a tutorial for one of your paint ups? The reason I ask is because your armor is outstanding. It looks perfect but I don't know how you do it. Do you still hand paint everything? Do you ever use an airbrush? How do you achieve your translucent layers? I want to get better at my own painting and I'd like to learn from the best...

Hey, awesome work as always, Da Vinci! But I had a quick question about your site: is there a reason I can't click on the photos for enlarged versions anymore? I was just curious...

It looks fantastic, though, Joe! Even down to the wound on his shoulder!

well joe kinda did a tutorial in kitbuilders ( which i saw at my comic store and promptly bought) unfortunately the language joe cast's his spells in is hard to translate, so ya, we'll just have to keep guessing

anyhow, that is an absolutely AWESOME buildup/paintup!

*in a 12 year old girls voice* YOU'RE MY IDOL JOE!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!

seriously bro, you do rock, i'm sure you know. thank you for sharing! i too was wondering if you ever got a hold of one of those, course now i don't even wanna post mine........... ;)

EDIT: ya, not really buyin' the "no airbrushing" thing, you may just have to prove it :D

.... *in a 12 year old girls voice* YOU'RE MY IDOL JOE!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!! ....

rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif

Hey, awesome work as always, Da Vinci! But I had a quick question about your site: is there a reason I can't click on the photos for enlarged versions anymore? I was just curious...

It looks fantastic, though, Joe! Even down to the wound on his shoulder!

Agreed, work is awesome as always. ;) ...as for the question, I was wondering the same thing myself, but I'm guessing it has to do with people robbing the high resolution pictures off his site for their own commercial use. I'm not Joe though, so I'm wondering the same thing.

Wow I just found out about narin, and your paintjob is very complementary to his work. I just completed a custom predator. It is a 1/4 original, Check me out.

Thanks guys!

As for an airbrush, yes i use a badger sotar 20/20.

and as for tutorials.....i suck at them..lol.....i wrote some articles for kitbuilders magazine...you can try and track some back issues down if you like.
I paint in such a random style, so its hard for me to write down all the steps i use....if that makes sense...

as for the problems getting large pictures on my site.....thats all Fakenrites fault!!! lol...as i host my site through him...and ever since the upgrade, my pics are not able to be viewed at the larger size.
i have told him about this a ton......so if ya'll wanna help...feel free to drop him some PM's...
lol

joe

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back