The Demolition Man "Glow Rod" thread

Dsimdude

Hi Everyone!

I'm relatively new to this board. I'm a professional actor who currently does voice-overs for Japanese anime cartoons.

I've been getting into prop making of late and I've just started learning Blender so I can create some 3D prints of my own.

In keeping with that, I've decided to first start with what seems to be a rather obscure prop. It is Sylvester Stallone's "glow rod" from the movie Demolition Man.

Rumors are that Demolition Man 2 is in the works, so this could actually become a rather timely build.

The photographic resources for this particular prop on the internet are extremely scarce. And while there are some examples here on the RPF, all of them seem to be replicas, some are converted baseball bats, and virtually none of them seem to be photos of the actual screen used prop.

So... are there any photographs out there of the real thing? Does somebody actually own a screen used prop? Please post your findings here.

And no cursing, please! Else, I will have to fine you one credit for a violation of the verbal morality statute.

David Harbold
a.k.a. dsimdude here on the RPF.

Hey welcome to the forum. Great to see you started your own thread - you're off to a great start. As I mentioned in the other thread, sorry I couldn't get you those measurements, but this might be helpful...

Paul Wintner owned the hero light up glow rod for many years but sold it last year: Movie Props : Got slys hero batton from demoltuon man on a new display and working like a charm again

Here are a couple screen used hero & stunt images I gathered over the years:

102246_1_l.jpg
baton demo man.jpg
Blitz_Baton.jpg

Paul was a "no go." He doesn't released photos of his props. So I'm still looking...
Funny, he has no problem sharing them in the Movie Props facebook group. But to each their own. A lot of those die hard screen used collectors are pretty anti replica.

Well, that's understandable... there's a lot of fakes going around. How many fake "original phasers" are there out there? Lots. I'm sure more than one person has bought an "original dl-44," only to find it's a fake. He gives the whole industry a bad name, and makes the real ones that much harder to identify.

Also, I think he texted me at like 6:30 in the morning, so he could have been in a bad mood and not awake yet!

Hey welcome to the forum. Great to see you started your own thread - you're off to a great start. As I mentioned in the other thread, sorry I couldn't get you those measurements, but this might be helpful...

Paul Wintner owned the hero light up glow rod for many years but sold it last year: Movie Props : Got slys hero batton from demoltuon man on a new display and working like a charm again

Here are a couple screen used hero & stunt images I gathered over the years:

View attachment 1461142View attachment 1461143View attachment 1461144
Holy Cow!
These are great-my lady and I finally both have some original uniforms, and ages ago I got x2 plastic "toy" batons/bats to try to cheat these , so now I guess with these photos I will have to think about finally sorting them out [as long as the uniforms still fit after our prolonged Lockdowns]?
Thanks for posting MattgomeryBurns, and good luck with the build Harold.

Holy Cow!
These are great-my lady and I finally both have some original uniforms, and ages ago I got x2 plastic "toy" batons/bats to try to cheat these , so now I guess with these photos I will have to think about finally sorting them out [as long as the uniforms still fit after our prolonged Lockdowns]?
Actually, it's David, but ok. Thanks.

Actually, it's David, but ok. Thanks.
You will forever be known as Harold from now on :lol:

Holy Cow!
Jealous of your uniforms! I've been looking for one for a few years but only managed to get a screen used SAPD hat from Prop Store.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back