The Definitive Darth Vader Timeline. Screen/Tour/Promo/Museum Displays: ANH/ESB/ROTJ

Re: The Definitive Darth Vader Timeline. Screen/Tour/Promo/Museum Displays: ANH/ESB/

Pretty awesome Pete. Must have been alot of work.:cool

Re: The Definitive Darth Vader Timeline. Screen/Tour/Promo/Museum Displays: ANH/ESB/

There's the Holiday Special, aired Nov 17 1978 (not sure when it was taped).

Somewhere, I have an audio cassette of (portions of) a sci-fi themed awards show in which SW and CE3K made a killing. Vader appears. My first guess would be the Hugos, but were they ever turned into a gala event, much less televised? I recall it airing on a weekend afternoon. I'll see if I can dig up the tape.

Those are from Jason Debord´s blog Darth Vader, Mervyns, 1980… : The Original Prop Blog – Jason DeBord's TV and Movie Prop Memorabilia Resource

According to his blog it was an event at the Mervyn´s department store in 1980.

Awesome, thanks for the info!

Thanks for the input gents. It is very much appreciated. Yeah, we have a ton of stuff to sort through and I'm sure we will keep having members chime in with info, so keep 'em coming.:thumbsup

Awesome work in pulling all this informaton together and sharing the photos. I raise my hat to you!

Cheers

Jez

I had discussed something similar to this with Jez some time ago, but I never had all the dates and it never really got anywhere, so when Pete posted a comprehensive listing of appearances, it was decided to try to collect and sort all known pictures with their appropriate dates for future reference.

Thanks Mic. I was going to ask about the shots once I got into the 80s ESB era. Much appreciated.

Do you want photos like from official Pix or just Concentrate on the Tour Vader? And Is there any more new stuff that you can post yet?

We can incorporate official pix type photos later on. For now I'd like to concentrate on the tour/promo/museum photos. Due to the holidays, we haven't been able to get at this too much, but we will. Once the ESB portion starts it gets a little messy, but we should be able to sift through it. By all means though, you can send what you have to either Carsten or I, or just post it here. We will eventually sort it all out. Thanks.:thumbsup

Need dates for these shots:

The tusks are reversed, so it may be around the time as the JS Corbis pics.

KE told me that the limo pic was "Lord Vader in limo on way to radio interview with Bob Mackay in San Francisco-1977"

You're probably right about it being the same time as the JS pics. :thumbsup

Great thread!

I'd love to get a hard copy of the compiled photos and text in The Big Book of Vader or something.

Thanks for the input GH. I appreciate the thumbs up gents.

Ok, I updated with a few more shots that need dates. I thought I had the info on the BBC appearance of Vader, but I can't locate it now. I thought it had to do with both Vader and Chewbacca on the same program, but I may have it mixed up with something else. :confused

Cool new pictures and info. I'd like to have added a remark to the following text for clarity - highlighted in bold:

June-Nov 1977 (Unknown specific date) The first Chronicles was printed in 1995 in Japan and at that point, it had been a 3 year project (first appearance of the repainted look of the helmet).

To the best of my knowledge, this is the ESB Poster helmet. Is that an incorrect assertion?

Last edited:

I agree. The pic (and the other ESB poster shots) could technically be the end of ANH era and the beginning of ESB, so I'll use it as a type of bookend.

Great thread, thank you for posting. Love the pictures

Amazing photos, great work!

This is really a great, fantastic and informativ thread :thumbsup
Thanks a lot for sharing the pics!!!

Thanks DL, glad you like it.

I found out from Carson D. that the following pics were taken around Oct 87 or 88, so for now they will be removed from the ANH era and added later on in the timelne.

th_ChroniclesShoot-029.jpg
th_ChroniclesShoot-028.jpg
th_ChroniclesShoot-027.jpg

I've always wondered about the story behind this Vader... origin and current whereabouts.

kd0tr9

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back