The Dark Knight - My First Cowl

Dubsman

Heyooo everyone ! This is going to be my first project that's really going to go the distance and will probably be the benchmark for the rest of my work to come. While waiting for some budget money to come in, I started and finished TDK Batman cowl. Here's some pictures of it, though it's not pretty I'm happy nonetheless.

20130601_124413.jpg
20130601_124501.jpg

The right side of the neck/jaw isn't glued on yet cause I ran out, but I'll get to that before continuing on the thing. A obvious problem I'm having with the cowl is with the jaw itself, whenever I put it on the lower part of the mask tends to bulge out. I'm not sure whether it's because of scaling being too small, my ears or the cowl's jaw being to wide. I'm thinking of cutting just a bit off the jaw and pulling it closer to each other, I'll then use a magnet to hook them together.

I got the matte paint, brushes and all ready. But I've got two options, should I use some car NC-Putty or plaster cloth wrap? I'm definitely going to fibreglass the inside of it though.

20130603_003308.jpg
20130603_004538.jpg

I'll start the resin work on it ASAP, but I'll most likely only going to continue after I get some solid feedback.

I looks to me like you have not put the last boarder around the mouth on yet. I think I used the same pep file and was having similar issues till i finished around the mouth.

I looks to me like you have not put the last boarder around the mouth on yet. I think I used the same pep file and was having similar issues till i finished around the mouth.

Yep, I haven't added the boarder to the mouth and neck. Though I'm not sure I can add the little bridge that goes under the nose cause the thing looks way too long for it.

Just a quick update.

I glued the other side of the neck on already, but I think because of the way I built it, there's a few pieces that I won't be adding. Hopefully it won't be too critical to the final outcome, just hope it isn't something that putty can't fix.

20130604_111354.jpg
The pieces I won't be using.
20130604_111448.jpg
Can't glue these two pieces together cause then I won't be able to slip the cowl on.
20130604_111518.jpg
A test spray of the paint I'll eventually use.

First coat of resin !
20130604_124521.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back