The A-Team 83-84 GMC van Hot Wheels

^I'm with you stevo. When I heard about this in the early stages, I thought "this is a must have" but now seeing it, I'm seriously consider waiting to see if it's a ploy by HW to make $$ only to have a better version come out in 6 months.

The original color was 'Gun Metal Grey' if I'm not mistaken. This grey isn't horrible, but darker would look much better.

The hinges being over sized and the windows being stuck in the half open position seem really strange to me.

As for the interior shots, it's hard to see. I really hope that they didn't do that!!

From this shot, the visor looks REALLY off too:

1-18%20h-wheels%20A%20Team.jpg

Here's the best shots of the interior view that I could find:

P1090420.jpg

P1090427.jpg

From this shot though (with the dark light hiding the imperfections), it doesn't look half bad:

P1090401.jpg

A great replica. I just bought the 1:43 Ecto-1 and was thinking of expanding out to other car models. But there is not that much in the movie cars right now in that scale. The models I am looking at, film and television, seem to be best to find in the 1:18th scale. great detail and a lot of shelf space.

Right now the Sunstar BTTF Deloreans are the ones I am really tempted to get.

yep the visor looks wrong , the roof lights also look bad

the whole interior looks cheap toy and the wheels and tires need to look fatter /wider or something , the van just doesnt sit right , the real one sat real nice and looked mean , this kinda looks like a stock van how it sits

they really havent done thier homework at all

Hey Tipoli,

I've been collecting TV/Movie 1:18 scale cars for years now. I've got 30 of them and each are displayed in individual display cases to prevent any dust accumulation. They DO take up a great deal of space, but I love'em!! If you're just starting, you're likely to have to fork out a pretty penny for the ones that are no longer being made. I've been amazed at how high some of the prices have increased on some of them. My pride and joy is the Mad Max Interceptor from Autoart <- now THAT's a nice replica!!

Mad-Max2-The-Road-Warrior-v-8-Interceptor-1.jpg

God I hope that the incorrect pieces can be fixed on the A-Team van. That is one vehicle that I've longed to have in my collection. I already have Face's Corvette (custom made).

This is the picture i've seen :
v7439_1-18_a-team_open_doors_600x550__1.jpg

What's on the right side?

BTW, when I visited the Universal Studios in the early '90s the real van was collecting dust in the parking lot of the studios. Is it still there?

As I know it, all of the remaining original hero vans (3) are in the hands of private collectors. There is one that's coming up for auction from the Keswick movie car museum, but it's a stunt van - screen used, but no interior behind the front seats. Apparently the own of the Keswick museum also owns the James Bond museum and is wanting to expand his collection there; so some other cars have to be sold.

Cars of the Stars: museum of famous vehicles from film and TV to be sold on eBay - Telegraph

Hell, if I had the $$ I'd just buy that one!! I'd love to have an 'original' van. I'd leave it just as it is and drive it everywhere!!

I haven't see any of these in stores yet, then again I haven't seen any of the new deloreans for this year or the Ecto 1 or 2. The hot wheels and such collectors hit the stores as soon as the crates come in.

I doubt they've ever made it into stores - most stores would have a hard time selling diecast cars like this (in my market). All of the ones that I've ever bought have had to be ordered online.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back