The A-Team 83-84 GMC van Hot Wheels

OUTATIME1984

just wanted to let people know that last week (9/17/2011) at the Hot Wheels Kmart Collectors day the 1983/84 The A-Team GMC van came out

DSCF2216.jpg

it is based off the TV show van not the movie as the cases are coming out more will be out so check your walmarts, kmarts, targets, or were ever you buy toys to see if they are out. A 1:24th scale is going to be out soon online and hobby shops.

You know....it absolutly baffles me that after all this time Hotwheels still painted the van all black. That's just wrong.

For those who are a bit more particular about collecting (like me) Hotwheels will be releasing a 1:43 scale Elite edition in October:

MTT8424lg.jpg

And for anyone who collects the larger 1:18th scale, Hotwheels will be releasing an Elite Collectors Edition in November:

5478817755_21fdcc66f4.jpg

^ I personally can't wait for this one! It's going to be the King of my 1:18 scale collection!

I've been waiting all year for the 1:18 scale van......

Me too! From the moment I heard about it being released I've been waiting with bated breath. I hope though that the pics that have been published aren't the final design...you'd think that Hotwheels Elite Series would at least get the exhaust correct...

V7439_021708T_w900.png

and there doesn't appear to be a gun box, or fake weapons mounted in the back of the van either:

V7439_021706T_w900.png

Not to complain too much, but something doesn't look right about the back end either:

V7439_021707T_w900.png

...maybe it's the recessed windows that are inaccurate?? I dunno...but seeing as it's the only 1:18 scale one available, I'll be buying one for sure!!

hmm hinges look way to big , and they look like windows vs non windows on the real van?

wheels and tires dont look fat /mean enough either

hmm hinges look way to big , and they look like windows vs non windows on the real van?

wheels and tires dont look fat /mean enough either

Maybe that's what it is. Also the spoiler looks a little too tall and too narrow.

Overall it's not bad though - I mean, at least all the other sides look good and the paint looks correct!!

hmmm i dont like it in the pics enough to buy it , and its a shame as i love that van , just doesnt look right the tv van had a really mean stance and looked just right

was the grey top matte /satin in the show?

OK, admit it, you can all hear that damned theme song in your heads now...

Dun dun dun... dun dun dun

Shoot....I couldn't help but watch the intro on Youtube!! LOL!!!

The grey color was originally 'gun metal grey' if I recall and had no gloss coat on it (but I could be wrong).

Anyone get their hands on the 1:18 scale one yet?

I want one bad, but I'm sincerely hoping that Hotwheels comes out with another Elite version that at least has an opening side door. How dumb is that...they create a nice looking 1:18 scale collectible and they can't get the exhaust right or have an opening side door.

/disappointment/

they create a nice looking 1:18 scale collectible and they can't get the exhaust right or have an opening side door.
/disappointment/
I guess the answer is contained in your question.
I'm sure they tried but a system that is sturdy enough to last several years of opening and closing door would be too ugly to do at this scale.

BTW, They forget at the back, the secret compartment where they stock their weapons.

Oh come on...how hard can it be?? A couple guide tracks and some small wheel bearings molded into the diecast body...adn the exhaust...come on, that's an important component right there!!!

I could live without the gun box in the back, I don't consider that (personally) a 'key' component, but it is an important one for sure. If you ask me, this diecast version looks ripe for them to redo in an Ultra Elite version to get it right.

Why even bother if they're not going to do it right??

Last edited:
Why even bother if they're not going to do it right??
I agrre with that.
Look at the hinges, they are so big ! Imagine the opening door guide track !

There is something else that bother me. It seems they have copied the magnetic tape recorder and paste it on the door side.
Can anyone confirm? I've just see some pics.

anyone else feeling the grey is just plain wrong

my take on the orig van is that its satin sheen meduim metalic grey , the hotwheels seems to be gloss and way to light

poor effort ...i dont mind spending good $$ on a nice model , but id have to tear it down and put some stuff right

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back