The 8th Doctor has one of my Scarves!

Hogosha

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well, Paul McGann did a rare US Con appearance at ICon this weekend. He filled in for Sylvester McCoy at the last moment when McCoy had to film The Hobbit.

Well, I figured if the 8th Doctor REALLY missed his old Scarf, he could just hop in the TARDIS and go back to have Madame Nostradamus knit him a new one!! So, thats what the Madam did, I gave it to him on Saturday during the autograph signing. He was very gracious, and seemed genuinely touched by the gesture. Here is a crappy quick pic, I should have a better one that was taken today by the official Con photographer, it is being Emailed to me. Frazer Hines was also there.

From those that avidly follow the audios and novels, there's probably love for #8. I haven't (probably my loss, I guess) so I'm in the camp that thinks this is pretty cool but I'd have been more excited to meet McCoy.
Nice to see McGann seems genuinely fond of his (short) time as The Doctor, I really think he, the Eight Doctor and the fans would all benefit if he wa included somehow in the 50th anniversary.

I'm sorry I missed this thread initially. He does look touched that you gave him the scarf. Did you ever get the better picture sent to you from the con phtographer?

Bit of love here for #8 - I thought McGann was great for bringing The Doctor back after all those years! Then it took entirely too long for the series to come back.... but that's another story entirely.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back