Temperature drops slowing you down?

Darth Pinhead

Funny first post: never gonna need to build one of these since I live in Orlando. However, I keep reading how the weather (Temperature) is affecting a lot of you guys and gals when it comes to your builds. Well, while perusing a materials site, I came across instructions for How To Build a Hot Box. I thought I'd pass it along for all members in colder climates. Enjoy...

I myself use those snake lamps with 40watt bulbs and heat the crap on latex stuff, resin in the mold. I also use a big cardboard box lined with foil and put my small molds in it for curing
I work on a porch with the window open for ventilation so it gets cold in the winter

41GGY00WYPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I think I am going to have to try one of these, I checked the bubba mould before I left for work, I poured the mask last Friday 8 days ago, and the latex is STILL like cream in places grrrrr.

The only trouble maybe in finding a appropriate heater thingy.

Thanks for the link, this could make life alot lot easier.

Yeah. heaters scare me because of the potential for fires. Definitely want to be able to monitor it while it's plugged in and perhaps hook up a smoke alarm to it...

Yeah. heaters scare me because of the potential for fires. Definitely want to be able to monitor it while it's plugged in and perhaps hook up a smoke alarm to it...
true but theres also quite a few that have built in termostats that are programable and have failsafe features.
I used to (well I stil do) have heating pads for all of my snakes enclosures .looking at the electric bill was a sad thing.Since I can be spending like I did before my wife got sick I bought a heater and it has worked just fine.mind you I do have a smoke detector/fire alarm in that room .The heater has built in fail safe features that automaticly shut it off when:
it's toppled over.
there's something real close to the heater (as in somthing in front of it) that increases the temp and could cause a short
if the termostat stops working
the oscilation option stops working

so in a few I'm quite happy with my heater.it heats the whole room qucikly and efficiently and I don;t ahve to worry about pluggin each heating source from evry enclosure to the wall.
I can't remember the brand at teh moment but once I get home I will look it up.
Lem

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back