technical question - cell phone video hack?

SaberTech

Ok so hopefully I am asking this correctly. Electronics is not an area I am used to modding or hacking so to say. I would like to know if anyone has ever taken the parts from a cell phone IE the video camera and lcd to make a live video display. I would like to know because I was looking at odd stuff I have lying around the house and came across an old windows smart phone that I am not using and currently am building a full suit of iron man armor. I would like to know if it is possible to use the cell phone parts to create an internal display for the helmet and maybe even use two displays split from the camera so each eye has a screen to view. If this seems possible or sparks ideas please comment as I would love some direction or at least brain storming clouds to form over this idea. Thanks RPFer's.

I don't know if you can hack a phone like that but there would be real issues with depth perseption and anything peripherally would not be seen as well. Take a video recorder with an lcd screen, close an eye and look at the lcd screen from only an inch or two away from your face and try to maneuver around that way. It will be very hard to focus on the screen and to move around. Sorry to disappoint but the technology is'nt quite there yet. Hopefully soon as it would be great to have. Best of luck to you.

Oh yeah I see what your saying. I just tried it with my galaxy sII and found that to not work like I thought it might. Oh well just kicking around some idea here. Thanks for the response and explanation spartan. It never hurts to ask questions ya know lol

Nope, never hurts.. Best of luck on your builds and who knows maybe the tech is right around the corner. Always remember too, many great inventions came out of garages. Who knows, you or someone else on here might figure this out:)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back