Tall Boots source?

Chairman Kaga

I'm in the market for a pair of tall equestrian style boots ala an Imperial officer/nazi officer/Han Solo/the Phantom etc. I'm looking for something without any noticeable lacing in the front. I have a pair of costume boots from Eastern Coast Costumes but they don't seem like they will last for real long term use. I have a big hoof though in a US 13 which unfortunately limits my options in terms of German/Russian militaria garb.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Chairman Kaga@Dec 22 2005, 03:44 PM
I'm in the market for a pair of tall equestrian style boots ala an Imperial officer/nazi officer/Han Solo/the Phantom etc. I'm looking for something without any noticeable lacing in the front. I have a pair of costume boots from Eastern Coast Costumes but they don't seem like they will last for real long term use. I have a big hoof though in a US 13 which unfortunately limits my options in terms of German/Russian militaria garb.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
[snapback]1141721[/snapback]​

Check Caboots on ebay.....from time to time there's also other auctions for custom made officer's boots.....

Note on the German boots - they are great if you have spindly little chicken legs. Those with muscular calfs will not fit.

jsia

David

Originally posted by dkwd@Dec 23 2005, 10:02 AM
Note on the German boots - they are great if you have spindly little chicken legs.  Those with muscular calfs will not fit.

jsia

David
[snapback]1142264[/snapback]​

Amen to that. I got a pair of Russian jackboots for my Vader off Ebay and I had to have the calf area stretched twice and then have a zipper installed on the side. Those Russian officers must have calves like parakeets. If you're not concerned about the material you might want to check out some synthetic equestrian boots like these. And if you can find a tack shop near you, check it out. That way if you find a pair you can try them on before you by 'em.

Originally posted by Chairman Kaga@Dec 22 2005, 04:44 PM
I'm looking for something without any noticeable lacing in the front. I have a pair of costume boots from Eastern Coast Costumes but they don't seem like they will last for real long term use.
[snapback]1141721[/snapback]​

This is very much the case. You will be lucky if they last you two wearings. They are absolute junk.

Originally posted by dkwd@Dec 23 2005, 09:02 AM
Note on the German boots - they are great if you have spindly little chicken legs.  Those with muscular calfs will not fit.

jsia

David
[snapback]1142264[/snapback]​

just a note. At the MOM tour way back when, the Luke ROTJ costume had Lukes boots displayed with the costume and were similar to these Germas. I took photos, and noticed at the rear of the boot at the top, there was a cut in a "V" pattern, and had black Elastic added to the boots.

This is an easy fix, and makes any taller "over the calf" boots fit better and not just on chicken legs.

Joe

I have those German officer's boots from Sportsmans guide and they aren't really tall enough for anything other than maybe ROTJ Luke.

My solo boots.
Boots.jpg

Scroll down
Military Riding Cavalry Renaissance Jedi

Originally posted by defyitall@Dec 27 2005, 05:32 PM
I have those German officer's boots from Sportsmans guide and they aren't really tall enough for anything other than maybe ROTJ Luke.
[snapback]1144623[/snapback]​

I don't agree with that...mine are 16" tall and the shin armor covers most of the boot anyways. For $25, they are a steal. However, the shaft of the boot will have to be modified for those of us with big calves....an easy fix...

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back