T-21 Blaster Scratch Build

Idaho Jones

Thought I'd try sharing a projcet I'm wrapping up. A scratch built T-21 Blaster. I've always loved the BFG look and wanted to have one to pack on troops, I know a clean TK is only seen on screen with a MG34, but I prefer the T-21 look. I followed the Pandatrooper tutorial over on the FISD board so I used that as a starting point and this is what I got built. I still need to finish the sight and find some wire to finish the details and maybe a little more weathering.

9pi9RMc.jpg

album with build pics
T-21 Blaster - Imgur

Looks great, the T21 is a favorite of mine. I used Pandatroopers tutorial to build mine as well, he's actually my squad leader, super nice guy. I trooped with my T21 a couple times but it gets pretty heavy after a couple hours. Again good job!

Well done. If you like the blaster soooo much, you need to dirty up that TK to a TD me thinks :).

I have a quick and cheap version of this with a Wii gun handle screwed onto the wood body then onto a PVC water pipe barrel. Its passable, but that thing of yours looks fantastic.

Thanks for the compliments, Im tempted to get a seperate set of of Sandy Armour or convert this old FX to sandy and get a new TK. But im allso thinking about building a R2. so that would suck up my costume money for a while.

Heres a shot at a childrens run in "heavy weapons mode". My wife told me a cop that passed by took a second look at the blaster.
IMG_1376.JPG

I finally found some plugs to use for the cleaning port. so I drilled those out and epoxyed them in place last night I got the o rings and blue wire on. I just need to find an old corded phone to canablize for the springy wire.

IMG_1586.JPG

Last edited:
Working on some details tonight. I added the shiny section on the taper. And had "a happy little accident" when I pealed the mask off I had some black paint peal off so I filled it in with silver. I also found some better blue wire to use.

IMG_1635.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back