SuperMando A New DC/Star Wars Mash-Up (Completed 2/5/12

MalmeyStudios

Sr Member
Hey Guys and Gals,

On the heals of our Darth Knight success we decided to keep it going and try out hand at another DC Star Wars mash up.

We searched long and hard to think of a mash up that has not been done, We think we finally came up with one. So we've teamed back up with artist Jay Fife to make this costume a reality! We'll be doing the costume and he will be doing the artwork to accompany it! Wish us luck, this is gunna be fun!

Now with the help of some dented helmet fett templates some 1/16" 2 ply Red/Yellow plastic and a heat gun we have managed to build the Collar, Chest, Belly, Cod, Back, Butt, Shoulder, and Knee Armor.There is a ton of work that has gone into this and a ton of work left to complete. Here is the Armor Chest, Shoulder Bells, Stomach, Cod, Back Plate, Butt Plate and Superman Shield. I have painted the armor red and yellow to symbolise superman's Chest shield and used a Blue under suit. I have also acquired a helmet, jetpack and gauntlets. I plan on adding a yellow belt with yellow pouches, red side pouches and a red tattered cape. Hopefully this will come along nicely.

Ive decided to go with a bolted on armor look and lots of battle damage and rust runs. Wanted to give this the look of going through hell and back. Sorry for the Pic Quality (stupid Phone)

2011-11-11_17-11-02_781-e1321281641390.jpg

At first I deemed this Costume SuperFett since then our friend Graphic Jordan has suggested SuperMando, I loved it and we are running with it!

As always thanks for looking, stick with this one i think its going to be a great build! Check out our Sites In Progress Section for more pics and update.

Jeremey

Last edited:
Re: SuperMando A New DC/Star Wars Costume Mash-Up

i LOVE crossovers haha im excited to see the finished project and curious if youll somehow incorporate supermans' hair curl into the bucket somehow haha

Thanks man!
And FYI it would not be superman without the culr!! I have not figured it out yet but I have not got my bucket yet either, LOL!

Ill post updates!

Friggin awesome man. Amazing attention to detail and colors, I love it. Really looking forward to seeing more of this.

Last edited:

Just a small update, I have got the helmet nearly painted, il post pics once its complete!

As a Mandalorian Merc, I LOVE this costume! Can't wait to see it completed! Drop by the mandalorian mercs forums if you need any tips on specific pieces!

Just joined the Mercs!
there are a ton of you guys in Ohio!!

Thanks for the compliment
Jeremey

Good to hear! Just a heads up, Mercs don't allow crossovers as your first official set of armor, so you'll have to post in the "nonmandalorian costume section." Otherwise, you may get some unfriendly posts from trolls.

Anywho, keep up the good work and I'll look for you on the Mercs!

LOL!!
Alright sounds good I read the guidlines and it seems the Armor only has to fit their wants for the application and offical Mercs business! We will see where it goes, LOL!
Ill chance up my chest plate if I decide to apply! Mostly Id like to learn some more tips and tricks, LOL! Mando Armor is a completly new thing to me!

Hey Everyone,

Sorry there have not been any updates on this project we have kinda been on vacation! Now that were back I look forward to getting this suit complete! I will be turning my attention back to it this week!
Thanks for all the great comments and thanks to all of you havt have checked out the webpage lately! The RPF was the second biggest reference site out of all the forums im on!! You guys were only beat out by about 10 views from the Mercs!!

Thanks Again
Jeremey

Re: SuperMando A New DC/Star Wars Mash-Up (Update 1/22/12

Hey Everyone

We had a little spare time this weekend between commissions so I was able to get back to this costume!
I purchased a Fett Jet Pack off ebay as a kit so I put it together and painted it up! There is some yellow in it and it has the same paint job on it as the helmet and the body armor but it kinda got drowned out with the flash so you cant really see it! we also finally gor the S curl painted onto the Helmet! I am super happy with the way this turned out!

Anyway check it out!
Malmey-Studios-SuperMando-Helmet-Jetpack-Combo-1.jpg

There are a ton more pics on the Website if you have time to heade over there!
As always thanks to all of you
Jeremey

Ok Guys and Gals,

We finally finished up this build. There is alot of special one of a kind touches added to ths build. I took 2 iconic figures from SyFy and comics and combined them once again. Superman and fett! I am super happy with the way the costume came out im just not 1005 sure if for me, lol!
Im not a huge Superman fan so we will see how it goes at its first convention!
Anyway Check it out
MalmeyStudiosSuperMandoStarWarsDC.jpg

There are a ton more pictures at out Website
Thanks to everyone that followed this one! Its nice to have it complete
Jeremey

Jeremy, that looks fantastic!! The only thing you should do IMO is raise the curl off the helmet about a half inch using apoxie sculpt. That would make it SUPERMando. :)

Jeremy, that looks fantastic!! The only thing you should do IMO is raise the curl off the helmet about a half inch using apoxie sculpt. That would make it SUPERMando. :)

Thanks Judge!!
We really kicked around weather or not to sculpt the curl. I thought it would look foolish sculpted and Mallie thought it should be lol! Ultimately we went with painted hoping it would look a little more "real world".

Is this what I am going to have to compete against at Mid Ohio con ? LOL.

I need to make sure I am a hero again then!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back