Super Mario Brothers 1985

as a side note for tough games... I can make it through the original NES Turtles game with no deaths, and no saves, and i've got the video to prove it ;o)...

I still find it difficult to believe ANYONE beat Master Blaster before ROMs were invented. Having to beat that whole game without being able to save was torture.

I'm not convinced that anyone ever beat the first level of Bart vs The Space Mutants either. Everyone seemed to have that game, and played it a fair bit, but I've never known anyone who got past the first level.
Even with ROMs and a walkthrough, I wasn't able to beat the first level.

WOW...

After years of trying I beat it by the skin of my teeth (one turtle left, Leonardo IIRC). I remember being pissed off that Splinter became human.

I'm not convinced that anyone ever beat the first level of Bart vs The Space Mutants either. Everyone seemed to have that game, and played it a fair bit, but I've never known anyone who got past the first level.
Even with ROMs and a walkthrough, I wasn't able to beat the first level.

is that the one with the skateboarding and spraypaint? ugh!

yep, that's the one.. I remember getting up to the museum stage... but not past it.. will have to check the rest of the videos to jog memory :)

as a side note for tough games... I can make it through the original NES Turtles game with no deaths, and no saves, and i've got the video to prove it ;o)...

Jeez, I didn't even think that was possible. Once you get to the Tecnodrome there's so much crap on the screen, the flickering gets so bad the game is practically unplayable.

When I was a kid I made it to the Technodrome a handful of times, and as far as I was concerned, that equaled beating the game. I'd tell my friends, "Hey, I made it to the Technodrome, ok? I beat the game." Now it looks like I'll have to pull it back out and ACTUALLY beat it. Getting started shouldn't be hard since I recently dug up my NES and hooked it up in my living room! :)

speaking of games, has anyone been vehemently against playing a game, wound up getting it anyway, and it turns out it's one of your favorites?

I think it was my mother who got me legend of Zelda NES on a whim. I didn't care for it, but once I understood where to go, it turned into my favorite series.

years later, a game store guy talked her into pre-registering final fantasy, but I talked her out of that one. from what I understand, you don't really control characters, it's set up more like Mario and Luigi Superstar..plus it's long as hell :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back