Strapping an electric screw driver in-place?

I DID buy that red Loktite stuff tonight. Used it on the coupling nut and on the nut that's just "up-shaft" from it, the one that's closest to (but not touching) the black bracket. My plan is to keep those locked in place, but allow the ones on the other side of the skateboard wheel to be removable. (The nut on the very end of the shaft, the end near the gun barrels, is a stop nut.)

Well, like Imgill suggested above, with zip-ties applied, the screwdriver wants to wiggle a bit. I had two out of three bolts in, mounting it inside of the black arm tube, when I suddenly realized that the screwdriver had moved slightly. Just enough to risk detaching the socket head from the coupling nut (even though the socket head is magnetic).

So, I took it out, adjusted the screwdriver on its side (which seemed a bit more snug) and zip-tied it again. The problem is, there's only one really good spot to strap it so that it doesn't move backwards... one "notch" that sticks out from the main cylinder. I have that strapped tightly, but I'm still skeptical. Gonna sleep on it and see if I can think of some way to secure that more fully.

Thanks!

Well, I redid my zip ties and did my best to make them tighter. They seemed really solid, so I went ahead and bolted the board assembly inside my leaf blower black plastic tube. Had a little bit of trouble getting the nuts and washers to work, because I kept wanting to leave some space somewhere so things wouldn't lock up... only to find that once I got rid of that space, then everything seemed to spin just fine.

Here's a brief video clip Please forgive the shaky-cam in places, as I'm basically one-handed trying to do that.

I'm still going to keep testing these and make sure things don't loosen or stop spinning.

I regret that I can't fit my hand much further up inside of that black tube, so the cut off point is a heck of a lot farther away from my elbow than I would like.... BUT... I do have ANOTHER plastic leaf blower tube that's about as long, but just happens to slide snugly inside of this one. So I probably just need to bolt the two together and then measure and cut the second one / start slowly adjusting it to fit.

I still haven't worked out if I'm even going to do anything for an upper arm. The character has the entire arm being robotic...and the upper arm sort of ends in a torn shirt at the shoulders. But I may just extend that to be a torn sleeve at the elbows. Time is short.

Oh, and I do plan on adding a few "do-dads" to the gun, including a small scope that will probably be at a 45 degree angle to the left... like where my eye might be if I raised my right arm.

Thanks for all of your help guys! Hopefully, this screwdriver will stay put now.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back