Stranger Things - D&D Miniatures & Other Props

Kylash

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
If you've finished this show, you know how important these miniatures are to the overall story. I made it my mission to identify as many as I could and here is what I've come up with so far. Surprisingly, many of these are modern miniatures, not vintage. I'd like help identifying who is each character, the only one I'm positive about is Will, since its pointed out by Eleven in the show.

ENEMIES

Demogorgon
http://www.mirliton.it/product_info.php?pName=demogorgon&osCsid=unhmim1md9s966me967a42a7r3

649c40e0-3499-0134-0660-062f3a35be5f.JPGs-l640.jpg
The most important of the set, the vintage 1984 Grenadier Demogorgon miniature. The one on screen appears to be fully painted.

Troglodytes
Troglodyte_thug.jpgtrog.jpgtrog2.jpg
Modern WotC Dragoneye #60 Troglodyte, and Troglodyte Thug #59/60. There is one Dragoneye and 3 Thugs. These are plastic and come prepainted. It looks like they may have beveled the edge of the plastic bases on some of these.

Hydra
http://ironwindmetals.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=264_289&products_id=7988
hydra.jpghydra2.jpg
This is a vintage 1982 Ral Partha Hydra. It appears to remain unpainted on screen.

THE KIDS

The Wizard (Will)
https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/03545/sku-down/03545
andallin.jpgs-l400.jpg
2011 Reaper Miniatures Andallin Bonnerstock Wizard. This appears to be fully painted.

The Dwarf (Dustin?)
help1.jpgs-l400.jpg
Grenadier 1983 AD&D Dwarf Spearman. The one on screen appears to be fully painted.

The Barbarian (Lucas?)
IMG_2672.pngbarbarian.jpghelp2.jpg
dungeonparty.jpg
1983 Ral Partha Barbarian from the 98-006 Dungeon Party set. The one on screen appears to be fully painted.

And going outside of the miniatures, here are Mike's electronic dinosaur "Roary" All except the green one from these sets appear in the same shot, and they make the electronic roar heard in the episode. These also come in a 4 pack found at ToysRUs. Made by Boley.
IMG_1204.PNG
Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 1.30.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-07-28 at 1.30.55 PM.pngView attachment 655775

Basement Dinosaur - Cheapy toy Rex from Walmart. Made by Boley.

View attachment 655767View attachment 655768View attachment 655769
View attachment 655770

Mike's walkie talkie is a Realistic TRC-214, and Lucas' is a TRC-206.
Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 2.46.43 PM.pngST_WalkieTalkie-1024x511.jpgcover34.png
realistic-trc-206-citizens-band-trans-receiver-3-chan-walkie-talkie-no-reserve-6d15c70abb8289d3b.jpg

Lucas' Slingshot (Wrist Rocket) - TruMark WS-1 Slingshot Normal Pull
0.jpgScreen Shot 2016-08-31 at 10.27.25 AM.png

Last edited:
Re: Stranger Things - D&D Miniatures Set

Hmm, That does seem really damn close. But it doesnt have that brighter center in the middle of the shield, and the base seems smaller and square. Really hard to tell with how out of focus it is :/ That's probably it, its just hard to tell 100%.

Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 10.40.06 AM.png

Re: Stranger Things - D&D Miniatures Set

Really close, but in the screen cap, looking at the full surface of the shield, you can see the figures LEG.

In the other picture, if you're facing the shield, the cloak completely hides the legs.

Agreed. It's just crazy how the color scheme matches up so closely. I'm trying to find a better photo but no luck yet.

Got a new screenshot. Here you can see they cut up the Troglodyte bases to make them look more like the old ones, so they're not perfect discs. And a new angle of the mystery knight. His shield looks thinner and his sword arm is higher than the figure posted above.

IMG_2672.png

Updated the first post with Mike's electronic dinosaurs.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the show yet, but for some reason I find these figures super cool!
I'll have to start watching tonight to see if it's any good.

Thanks, yeah it kind of confirms that they didnt get it all right. After finding some of these things I'm surprised that they used so many modern miniatures and toys.

Yeah they should have at least used the POTF2 version since that is at least the right mold. From the first post list, you can see they used quite a few other modern toys and hoped no one would notice.

Last visible figure identified! The mystery shielded warrior is the 1983 Ral Partha Barbarian from the 98-006 Dungeon Party set.

dungeonparty2.jpgdungeonparty.jpg

Now if we could just find a photo of what the last one is, we'll have all 4 boys covered. *EDIT* oh wait, Mike was the DM, so 3 heroes is all we need, dur. All identified then!

Last edited:
@Dr Talyn great job identifying the minis. I finished the show on Friday night and decided I was getting a demogorgon, but thanks to your list, I am going to get all of them.
@moffeaton if you are doing a group buy, please put me down for one. You need a min order of 14,95 euros to checkout, and after I saw the 14 euro shipping, I was just going to put a pin in it for now, but if we combine shipping on multiples, that would be pret-ty boss.

You guys may be interested in the article with the demogorgon sculptor at http://roebeast.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
"I didn't want to put plastic and have it painted. Even as far as sound goes, when the boys clunk those characters down on the board, there is a different noise a lead character makes than a plastic character." - Lynda Reiss

...except for, y'know, the plastic Troglodytes :rolleyes I wish there was a larger version of this photo though, it shows more of the figures closeup.

props-in-netflix-series-stranger-things.jpg

I blew it up and lightened it, its the same ones above, but a front view of the Barbarian helps get the colors right when painting.
props-in-netflix-series-stranger-things.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back