Stranger Things - D&D Miniatures & Other Props

**IMAGE HEAVY**
Hawkins High School 1983

View attachment 1776015

I have to say, that most of criticism here is in the name of screen-accuracy.
It truly is a very well-done box and it's a great addition to any Stranger Things collection, especially if you do not have other means to create your own props from the show.

Let's start with the Canon Props...

Will Byers Missing Poster
View attachment 1776016
Clearly this is based on a more aged / weathered / faded version of the Missing Poster.
It's well-printed, good quality, but I'm personally not a fan of the fake winkled texture.
It's also A4 paper, vs Letter-sized paper that it should be printed on, not to mention it had to be folded to fit in the box.
The photos also seem to be in slightly different positions than the flyer on the show.

Here's the comparison with my own custom replica, which was produced prior to the release of the box with different sources:
View attachment 1776017

And here's a shot of the most well-known version from the show:
View attachment 1776021

Will Byers D&D Drawing
View attachment 1776028
This one is good, even if the colors might be a bit less vibrant than I'd expect.
Same issue as the other props in that the paper size is too large, but it is also accentuated by the too-small holes.
They also appear to have overly cleaned the drawing with some details missing, especially near the edges.
The one in the show also accidentally leaves the original artists name in the bottom corner - Doctor Collector has removed that here.

Here's a comparison with my own custom replica, which was made by printing the original uncolored source drawing on real notebook paper (with matching photoshopping to mirror the show's changes). Then, coloring with colored pencils and crayons to match the one on screen:
View attachment 1776039

And here's some stills from the show:
View attachment 1776041
View attachment 1776042

The Indiana AV Club Pamphlet
View attachment 1776043
This is easily one of my favorites. I think there's still a paper texture added on top of everything, but that's a nitpick.
We barely get to see this in the show, and presented here is the full inside and outside of this thing. So cool!

View attachment 1776046View attachment 1776045
Besides the licensing statement, which is well-placed at the very bottom of the back panel - it looks great!
I'll likely utilize this to create my own replica as I've already begun to ID the stock images used.

Now - there is one inaccuracy, which is understandable given the context.
The NASA Logo at the top of the "Nasa Facts" panel on the original prop has been replaced here with a retro space graphic.

Shots from the show:
View attachment 1776049View attachment 1776051
View attachment 1776050View attachment 1776052

Science Fair Photo
View attachment 1776055
This is a pretty good one! It's got some textured roughening, but I'm more okay with it here.
The licensing statement is in a terrible spot on this one though. Right on the front and more obvious than I'd like it to be.

All that being said - this actually is not the exact photo used in Season 1!
This is a slightly different take that ultimately ended up getting used in Season 3.
Pay close attention to the facial expressions of Mike, Will, and Dustin.

Take a look at the difference between the Season 1 and Season 3 versions:
View attachment 1776056View attachment 1776057

My assumption is that they opted for the version of the photo that had bigger smiles and was already licensed for merch use (it previously appeared on the cover of Will Byers Secret Files)

Dr Martin Brenner's Hawkins Lab ID
View attachment 1776058
This one is good, it's on hard plastic, very sharp printing.
We don't see this in great detail in Season 1, and in most scenes Dr. Brenner doesn't even seem to be wearing one (other lab employees wear their own versions of this badge though).

We do, however, see it in better detail (and worn by Brenner) in Season 4 as shown in this promo image:
View attachment 1776059View attachment 1776060

The signature is spot on, but it looks like the design is a bit different, the typewriter font is different, the photo of Brenner is different as well.
It's a bit confusing what everything is, but it looks more like the plastic white card is actually his access card, while his ID is actually a laminated piece of paper.

Very nitpicky, but it is very close.

The rest of the items appear to be Non-Canon Props.

Mike Wheeler's D&D Character Sheet
View attachment 1776063View attachment 1776064
This is fun. Lots of little handwritten detail, but after scouring the show... it does not seem to appear.
Again, A4 sized paper and tiny binder holes.

Hawkins Town Center Map
View attachment 1776065View attachment 1776066
View attachment 1776067View attachment 1776068
This is super cool and very well-made. The art is great and it does feel nicely in universe.
However, I don't see it in any of the episodes.

Photo of Eleven, Benny's Burger Coaster, Steve's Hawkins High ID
View attachment 1776069View attachment 1776070View attachment 1776071

Again, pretty well-produced and fun, but none of these are in the show.

That's it for today! I'll be back for Hawkins National Laboratory 1984, Season 2
I don't know how I missed this so far... Thanks for sharing. Do you plan to show more?

I don't know how I missed this so far... Thanks for sharing. Do you plan to show more?

I do, yes. It’s just been very hard to find the time since I posted. If work manages to calm down this weekend, I should be able to find time to post more.

It’s tough managing such a busy job, making and tracking down props, and also finding time to write up all my findings and thoughts properly. Not to mention taking some time to chill out every once and awhile.

I know my posts have been sporadic lately everyone, but there has been a lot of stranger things work happening while I’ve been gone!

Had a moment tonight. Thought I'd share my current collection of Stranger Things watches:

May be an image of digital watch and text

Top Row
  • Chief Jim Hopper (Seasons 1 - 2)
  • Mike Wheeler (Season 3, Version 1)
  • Lucas Sinclair (Seasons 1 - 2)
  • Lucas Sinclair (Seasons 3 - 4)
  • Dustin Henderson (Seasons 1 - 2)
  • Dustin Henderson (Seasons 3 - 4)
  • Jonathan Byers (Seasons 1 - 4)
  • Bob Newby (Season 2 (and technically one episode of Season 3)
  • Lucas Sinclair (Season 5 - newest addition to the bunch)

Bottom Row
  • Barbara Holland (Season 1)
  • Steve Harrington (Seasons 1 - 2)
  • Max Mayfield (Seasons 2 - 4)
  • Will Byers (Seasons 3 - 4, but first appears in Season 2, Episode 9)
  • Erica Sinclair (Seasons 3 - 4)
  • Robin Buckley (Season 3)
  • Eddie Munson (Season 4)
I am close to acquiring one of Joyce's and Nancy's watches

**IMAGE HEAVY**
Hawkins National Laboratory 1984

231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2316_Edit.jpg

Finally, back by popular demand (repy HPB ribeiroorafael OasisSupernova) , the Season 2 Envelope Breakdown for the Stranger Things Hawkins Memories Box: Vecna's Curse Edition by Doctor Collector.

Let's look at the Canon Props...

Will Byer's Mind Flayer Drawing
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2334_Edit.jpg
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2336_Edit.jpg

The artwork on this is perfectly 1:1. This was clearly taken right from the original. The issues begin though with the added, more aged-looking, paper texture. This gives the whole thing a more yellowed tinge, when it should just be on white. The color of the lightning also looks off. It's definitely red that leans more pink than warm and orange like here. This could be the color timing of the show, but in this case I doubt it. The color difference could be because of the paper texture, depending on how they applied it, but I couldn't be sure on that.
ST202Flayer2.jpg

Oh, and of course - like other props in the box - the paper size is wildly inaccurate, but it feels more intentional here to make it more like a poster-size (while the original is just good ol' letter size). It does unfortunately result in more creases to fold it down so that it fits in the envelope.

Will Byers "Zombie Boy" Newspaper Clipping
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2320_Edit.jpg
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2321_Edit.jpg

This is a very faithful replica to the original prop. It's so close, but there are a few slight issues - mainly, the fonts are all a bit off. I haven't tracked down the correct ones just yet, but it is particularly noticable in the headline (check out the "T"s, "B"s, and "W" to name a few). Also, the cropping on Will's photo is a bit off as well.
ST201NewspaperFront.jpg

That being said, the marker writing is very well done and nearly identical to the original. An ideal version of this prop would also be hand-torn, but you can't exactly mass produce that easily. Lastly, the back doesn't look quite the same either, but it's close enough for me.
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2322_Edit.jpg
ST201NewspaperBack.jpg

Murray Bauman Business Card
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2318_Edit.jpg

Besides the ugly trademark statement in the bottom left, this is a pretty faithful replica. However, again, the fonts do appear to be just a bit off (take note particularly of the thickness of "MURRAY BAUMAN"). Plus, the phone number has been changed from what little bit we can see in the show (Steve's thumb is covering most of it, but it should start "317.5"...).
ST201Card.jpg

Those slight inaccuracies aside, this is a perfect source for Murray's photo. That's what is puzzling about some of these. They clearly had access to some proper material... but the fonts are wrong? It's a bit odd.

Hopper's "Don't Be Stupid" Rules
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2323_Edit.jpg
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2324_Edit.jpg

Honestly, besides the laser-cut "torn" holes at the top (vs hand torn ones with more randomness to them), this is really a well-done replica. The handwriting matches very well with what is on screen (even if it is a little overly vector-ized. No big complaints!

ST203Rules.jpg

And now for the Non-Canon Props.

Hawkins Lab Blueprints
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2341_Edit2.jpg
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2345_Edit.jpg

Definitely not in the show, but super cool looking. The handwritten notes are a fun touch.

Snow Ball '84 Flyer
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2325_Edit.jpg
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2327_Edit.jpg

I checked the show a few times to confirm this, but this one does not appear in the show. It does look great though. I could definitely see this being posted in the hallways of Hawkins Middle.

Photo of Bob and Joyce
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2328_Edit.jpg

This is clearly just a screencap or a promotional still. There's no equivalent concept to this in the show. Merely included here to help tell the story of Season 2.

Mews Missing Cat Flyer
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2330_Edit.jpg
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2332_Edit.jpg

This one is also pretty clearly non-canon. This design was used in merch and at the Stranger Things Experience and or Store. It's fun, but I don't think it fits in the world of the show as well as some other non-canon props do.

Palace Arcade Button
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2338_Edit.jpg

Again. Definitely not in the show. The design also doesn't really feel like the world of the either. Very much a modern interpretation of an 80s arcade button - at least, in my opinion.

Once again, it's all well-made and clearly had a lot of effort go into it.
I just am nitpicking at this point.

That's it for the Season 2, presentation.
Next will be the Starcourt Mall 1985 Bag (Season 3)

Finally have a day off! Expect a lot of posts from me today.
No really, I swear

I wanted to start by following up on my last post.
I finally have my first piece from the production of Stranger Things!
Lucas Sinclair's Backpack as featured in Seasons 1-3!

Felt very cool to "reunite" it with some familiar props.
Unfortunately, I am running low on space, so it is going back into storage for now.
I'm looking forward to displaying it eventually.

240413 UW Stranger Things Props_05778_Edit_RPF.jpg

240413 UW Stranger Things Props_05714_Edit_RPF.jpg
240413 UW Stranger Things Props_05716_Edit_RPF.jpg

240413 UW Stranger Things Props_05727_Edit_RPF.jpg
240413 UW Stranger Things Props_05753_Edit_RPF.jpg

240413 UW Stranger Things Props_05771_Edit_RPF_small.jpg

Images from the show:
240413 UW Stranger Things Props_ST1still.jpg
240413 UW Stranger Things Props_ST101-055.jpg

240413 UW Stranger Things Props_ST106-040.jpg
240413 UW Stranger Things Props_ST106-064.jpg

240413 UW Stranger Things Props_ST206.jpg
240413 UW Stranger Things Props_ST307.jpg

While I'm on today, if anyone has any questions for me or about my collection (excluding paper props - I am working on some more today, that's all I can say at the moment) feel free to let me know.

I am also working on the remaining breakdowns of the Doctor Collector Box. So hopefully those will be finished today as well.

Thank you all again for your patience. Trust me, I wish I had more time to work on this stuff more consistently too.
I should have some more consistent free time in the coming weeks / months.

**IMAGE HEAVY**
Starcourt Mall 1985

231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2347_Edit.jpg

The breakdown of the Stranger Things Hawkins Memories Box: Vecna's Curse Edition by Doctor Collector finally continues! Let's open this colorful Starcourt Mall bag and see what's inside!

First up, as usual, the Canon Props...

Robin's Scoops Ahoy Nametag
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2350_Edit.jpg
DC_Robin Nametag Reference.jpg

This is a frustrating one. The text and font are very close, just slightly off, but everything else is very very off. The shape, the border width, and the anchor are all just not at all close enough. Adding to the frustration is that there is a much better Etsy replica that nearly nails the overall shape and border width but the font is off.
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2352_Edit.jpg

If we combine these two, we'd have a pretty damn good replica.

Starcourt Mall Blueprints

231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2386_Edit.jpg
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2387_Edit.jpg

231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2389_Edit.jpg
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2388_Edit.jpg

Was so excited for this one. And it delivered!
The is very faithful to the original. This is the second of two pages featured in the show, which includes the vent overlay and the marker from Robin. The marker is not 100% accurate, but it also changes depending on the shot so I won't dock it any points for that.
DC_ST304Blueprint1.jpg

DC_ST304Blueprint2.jpg

DC_ST304Blueprint3.jpg

Now, that does not mean it's perfect. The main issue is the blue panel that features the Starcourt branding. In the show, this is just the logo and does not include a sketch of the front of the building. Additionally, of course, the size is too small for a true blueprint and isn't folded in quite the same way it ultimately gets folded in the show.

All that being said, this is a great replica and for anyone wanting to work on their own - this is a great starting point.

Hopper's Heart to Heart
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2370_Edit.jpg
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2371_Edit.jpg

The front side of this is incredibly faithful. I can't complain about it! Matches basically perfectly with what is on screen. Of course it could use some folding an characterizing, plus a tear pattern at the very top. But those are minor details that are easy to add.
DC_ST308Letter1.jpg
DC_ST308Letter2.jpg
DC_ST308Letter3.jpg

Now, the backside is incredibly hard to make out clearly in the show. That being said, from what I can very slightly make out, the backsides do not seem to match. But I am willing to let this slide more because we really can't see it in the show. The front side is so good and it's not very likely you will see both sides at once while it's on display, so this is perfectly fine piece.

Unfortunately... that is it for the Canon Props.
Let's go over the Non-Canon Props.

El and Max Mall Photoshoot
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2363_Edit.jpg
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2366_Edit.jpg

I'm placing this in non-canon as these photos aren't physically seen in the show, but shown as fullscreen cutaways. Plus, this representation of them is not accurate to the show. Here, they're presented in their rectangular proportions, but in a photobooth type format. Fun to have, but I would likely prefer having them as inidividuals if they were to be counted as "Canon" and displayed.

Camp Know Where Postcard
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2356_Edit.jpg
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2357_Edit.jpg

A recurring trend with many of the Non-Canon Props is that they are just more complex and beautifully produced vs what makes sense in world. This is one of those. It's wonderful artwork and it's very well-done, but it is not seen anywhere in the show.
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2358_Edit.jpg

If anyone is wondering the binary says:
"Are you made of Copper and Tellurirum? Because I think you're CuTe."
Thanks to PitKempo for the translation.

Mayor Kline Campaign Button and Fun Fair Ticket
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2362_Edit.jpg

These are definitely inspired by the look of Mayor Kline's branding at the Fun Fair, but these definitely do not seem to be in the show. Kline's re-election campaign is mentioned by Hopper, but not something he seems to be actively doing. The tickets in the show are also likely white (or yellow). A cool way to bring these story elements into the box experience though!

Scoops Ahoy Menu
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2378_Edit.jpg
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2381_Edit.jpg

Like I mentioned earlier, this is very ellaborate and more produced than what makes sense for the design of the show-version of Scoops Ahoy. Plus, there do not seem to be any to-go menus at all in the show.
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2383_Edit.jpg

It also seems to expand a fair amount on the menu mounted to the wall in the show. But again, a cool way to bring in the story elements to the box.

Russian Translation (Scoops Ahoy Ticket)
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2374_Edit.jpg
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2377_Edit.jpg

Another cool way to incorporate a story element into the show, though they could've tried to frame it as Dustin's notes from his notebook vs the white board, but the board is of course more visible and iconic.

That being said, it is nicely produced, incorporating two pages to represent the original and a customer copy of the order form. Very clever and fun.

Karen Wheeler Pool Membership Card
231226 UW Stranger Things Props_2369_Edit.jpg

Given how frequently the kids come and go, I'm not sure that this makes much sense in the world of the show, but again (sounding like a broken record) a creative way to give a little nod to the element of the Season in the box.

That's it for Season 3.
See you for the vast rest of the material of the box: The Surfer Boy Pizza Bag and Hellfire Club Envelopes, plus the Russian Secret Envelope (all a part of Season 4)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back