Steam hacked

If I'm running the company, the MOST I'll do is say there was a hacking attempt, some data MAY have been taken, and we're currently doing everything we can to figure out what was taken, how much of it, etc., and by whom. We're working with the authorities on this, and will keep our customers updated with details once we know them ourselves.

That's what I was saying. Communication is always better than secrecy when it comes to data that people have entrusted you to. How do you think it makes me feel when instead of hearing it from the horses mouth (Valve), I heard it on some news website. I'm not expecting that they are going to have all of the details right away but I do expect that they are going to inform me that a breach happened as soon as they know so I can start taking measures to protect myself.

If they did get my CC info, they're still out of luck. I shut the account listed in my steam account down a couple weeks ago and switched to a credit union.

On a funny note it turns out the CC we had in steam is the one we use for amazon and i got glared at for all the purchases even though she okays them lol.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back