Deprecated Starlord bag....

Just to clarify - is mine one of the ones shipping in the next few days? I was one of the next on the list way back December... just not sure why mine is taking so long...

Update time!

2 bags shipped on Friday (didn't a shipping list). Should be more shipping but he is waiting on buckles (wrong ones were shipped to him and should be replaced soon). Small technical delay with sewing machine motor burning up but shouldn't delay things much more (leather is tough on machines).

On a side note, once I receive my bag, I will try and keep the liaison thing going for the rest of you guys who are holding on. It has been a long wait and I want to help make this run a success (even though I don't have any stake in it other than a customer).

Like Matt I'm in the middle of some career stuff but I lurk the forum quite a bit so respond pretty quick to PMs. I can try to get you questions answered, for some reason Matt responds to my emails, but you are more than welcome to contact him directly.

Another update: Happy Time!
I evidently just received my Starlord knapsack just moments ago! That means other should start receiving theirs as well.
I give a quick review. The bag itself as a prop looks and feels incredible. The leather has a nice feel to it and the colors are nice and consistent over the entire piece. There are two compartments that are open and a false covered compartment on the outside that is made up of the flap you see. The main and smaller compartments are lined with a satinesk material that looks to be iPad or other screen friendly. I haven't tried my laptop in it but it accommodates an iPad easily even the new 12" iPad wouldn't be an issue. Thus far the only downsides are the leather straps have a rough back to them and the pouches don't have a closure. At a later date, I may have someone try and install a zipper or internal snaps. IMG_2128.JPGIMG_2129.JPGIMG_2130.JPGIMG_2133.JPGIMG_2134.JPG

hero, I thought mine might ship later as well.

Talsiri, I have been thinking about that.... I think it will hold up better than anything you might get from ThinkGeek or some of the other knock-offs. If you treat it like a $300-400 designer bag I am sure it will last quite a while. If you treat it like a tactical bag probably not so much. One thing I forgot to mention was when I tried it on. This thing really hugs you. other than the leather strap being rough on the neck (I think a little mole skin might fix that, or just soften it with some sand paper then mink oil) this bag seems like it would be comfortable to wear for long periods.If you are just going to go to cons or costume with it I could see it lasting a long time. All in all Matt does some nice work. I am not "knapsack" aficionado but I think it is a nice reproduction.

Looking at the bag closely I am astounded at the amount of work it would take to make one, much less 20+. I honestly would not have done it do to the amount of time it must take per bag. With a family and a job on top of it!?! Sorry too much for me. Matt has been slow on this project but I am happy with the end result and I am sure once everyone gets theirs and look and the amount of stitching involved in the bag and straps. All the leather cutting and staining. And the hard wear weathering. You will be happy you have one.

I also received my bag today and I cannot express the quality that was put into it. Very impressed and I apologize for not getting any photos on here. It's already after midnight and I really need to get to bed. It was a long wait and I'm glad we had Medic be the middle man and keep us all informed. I hope all of you get yours soon and be excited, it's a damn good bag.

Looking good!
Looks very well worth the wait :) Think it will hold up to heavy/every day use?

Just be careful with what youre carrying around in it... I had 3 of the rivets pop off and the bag is currently out of commission. when I replace them ill reinforce with glue. otherwise the quality and craftman ship is top notch.

Which 3? That way I can check to make sure they aren't a problem in the future. I might just try and reinforce all of them just in case but I will have to see.

Still waiting for the updated shipping list. I'll bug Matt again tonight.

Just be careful with what youre carrying around in it... I had 3 of the rivets pop off and the bag is currently out of commission. when I replace them ill reinforce with glue. otherwise the quality and craftman ship is top notch.

where the strap is connected to the rings on either side, and on the shoulder "pad" it self. there are 8 grommets total if i remember off the top of my head but i lost three of them.

Which 3? That way I can check to make sure they aren't a problem in the future. I might just try and reinforce all of them just in case but I will have to see.

Still waiting for the updated shipping list. I'll bug Matt again tonight.

I might see if I can take a syringe and put some glue in and around there to reinforce it in that area then. Just have to be careful with glue and leather other wise it can make the leather dry out or brittle which is a much harder thing to deal with than a popped rivet or two.
Thanks for the heads up

where the strap is connected to the rings on either side, and on the shoulder "pad" it self. there are 8 grommets total if i remember off the top of my head but i lost three of them.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back