stargate hand device where can I get one

Are you talking about the ribbon device?

19435.jpg

Original Concept Art

rib.jpg

As seen in SG-1

Threads have come and gone, nobody has yet offered a "run" of these as far as I know. I've seen individuals with one-offs tho.

I'd be glad to provide screencaps and drawings if a serious effort comes about.

- k

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GeneralMayhem @ May 4 2006, 11:18 AM) [snapback]1238352[/snapback]</div>
I might be willing to try my hand at this.
[/b]

Ba-doom, zing. :lol (sorry, just struck me as very "punny") :D

I've been wanting to try one of these out myself, but as creative as I like to think I am sometimes, I can't for the life of me figure out how you'd make the fingertips. At least not with any tools or materials I have around the house. :)

I was hoping someone would catch the pun.

:D

The fingertips would be cast resin.

If there are enough people who are serious about wanting one, I'd consider making them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pilot @ May 4 2006, 10:03 PM) [snapback]1238419[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GeneralMayhem @ May 4 2006, 11:18 AM) [snapback]1238352[/snapback]
I might be willing to try my hand at this.
[/b]

Ba-doom, zing. :lol (sorry, just struck me as very "punny") :D

I've been wanting to try one of these out myself, but as creative as I like to think I am sometimes, I can't for the life of me figure out how you'd make the fingertips. At least not with any tools or materials I have around the house. :)
[/b][/quote]
The movie version didn't have fingertips.

I always preferred the movie version to the tv-series version, which seems severely simplified in design.

There is a good replica over on the stargate forum for sale, but be warned its being sold by Phill "bobby Hill" whats his name. he was banned here for bad business practices. the pics of the ribbon device looks good thou

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back