Star Wars-Themed Mancave

cgrtist

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting so be nice! I started on my mancave build about 2 months ago. My only chance to work on it was after work and on the weekends.

I used 1/2. MDF board and 1/4 hardboard for the panels. There are plenty, behind-the-scenes pictures on my website\blog too.

gfxrtist.com

I finally finished and well, I’m a bit proud! Heheh

Hope you guys like it.

BE910A98-98C1-42EC-AB92-BD660BFE63BC.jpeg
C562F6ED-F1F8-4265-8B1C-3670DF7F3122.jpeg
61225F29-7146-4BC8-A70B-A1BA8F30BA9F.jpeg
BA5191D6-7726-4CEB-AC20-D69D5E8CDF20.jpeg
53277AA8-D46E-4FE8-B3C9-293DA06F60C3.jpeg

I have seen some really good home theatre custom set ups, but this is the best one I've seen in a long time.
Very well done, I'll have to have a look at your behind the scene pics.

Thanks for all the kind words!! The final step in completing this room is to make the pocket door motorized. And I have no idea how to pull this off. Lol

Thanks for all the kind words!! The final step in completing this room is to make the pocket door motorized. And I have no idea how to pull this off. Lol
You would need to have a look at servo city, I'm sure there would be something that could help out over there with some ideas.

o_O That is unreal! I have a vision in my head of how I want my future movie room to look... yours is better than my unrealistic fantasy! Incredible work.

You would need to have a look at servo city, I'm sure there would be something that could help out over there with some ideas.
Thanks for a nod toward Servo City. I have a very good idea of how to get the door moving! They have some good videos on YouTube too. As I am new to the world of servos, actuators, motors, etc. It's nice to see some of the stuff in action. This has only spawned a world of new ideas!

o_O That is unreal! I have a vision in my head of how I want my future movie room to look... yours is better than my unrealistic fantasy! Incredible work.
That's how it started with me as well. I had a vision, then kept refining it in my 3d software (blender). My main thought was, "Is this something that I can make in my garage with little effort?".

Just incredible. So well done. What are the dimensions of the room? Was it a pre-existing space or did you subdivide a room?
Love it!

Just incredible. So well done. What are the dimensions of the room? Was it a pre-existing space or did you subdivide a room?
Love it!
I was lucky in that my basement is in an "L" shape. This room is set around the corner from the rest of the basement. (Thus why my wife let me have it.) The room is 16 x 10, shave off 4" on each side due to the panels. With the ceiling panels taken down, the room is 8" high.

Thanks for the info. Something to shoot for but it would be a garage project for me. Would love a basement!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back