Limited Run Star Lord Quad Blasters *Now Taking Orders*

MrGreene

***UPDATE 12-07***

Kits are shipping out!
For those who live in the continental US, shipping will be $12.65 via USPS flat rate box.
Since international shipping varies, if you live outside the US, PM me with your shipping address and I'll determine the shipping costs.

You can pay the remainder of your balance plus shipping through paypal (be sure to include your RPF name in the notes to make things more convenient), and I'll ship each kit out after payment is confirmed.

I'll be working every day this week to make sure each kit is shipped ASAP.

Some of you have already PMed me about international shipping, and I'll get back to you as soon as I've gotten the final shipping costs.

***UPDATE 10-29***

First pulls have started! Here's a what's-in-the-box pic of all the raw parts:
kit1.jpg
Obviously for cold-cast kits, all the metal parts will be cold-cast. Parts with seams will be metal-filled to make the seams cleanable.
For the vents, the kit also includes a piece of metal mesh that can be cut to scale and inserted in the vent holes on top of the gun.
I'm still sourcing more set screws and socket-cap screws, but they will be included as well.

kit2.jpgkit3.jpg

International shipping will depend on final weight of the finished kits. If you live outside North America, I strongly suggest waiting a few days so I can determine exact shipping rates.

To reserve a spot on the list, send me a PM and place a $50 deposit via paypal to: theTalentedMrGreene@gmail.com

If you wish, you can also deposit the full price of whichever kit you've ordered. The remaining balance plus shipping will be due before your kit ships.

ORDERS:
1. Soulinertia - Cold-cast set, paid in full(11-20), shipped(11-24)
2. Tuckanator - Single blank right, paid in full(11-23), shipped(12-09)
3. timothygwyn - Cold-cast set, paid in full(12-22),shipped(1-13)
4. Onyx - Cold-cast set, paid in full(12-22), shipped(12-23)
5. MParm - Cold-cast set, deposit paid(10-23)
6. Thain - Single blank right, paid in full(11-29), shipped
7. Endiathetos - Single cold-cast right, paid in full(10-23), shipped(11-20)
8. (Anonymous) - Cold-cast set, paid in full(11-06), shipped(11-15)
9. sean - Single cold-cast right, paid in full(10-24), shipped(11-20)
10. JBReplicas - Blank resin set, paid in full(12-16) shipped(12-23)
11. .:MirrorminD:. - Cold-cast set, paid in full(11-25), shipped(12-09)
12. Darth Mule - Cold-cast set, paid in full(12-21) shipped
13. chadcham - Cold-cast set, paid in full(12-11), shipped(12-23)
14. starlordquill - cold-cast set, paid in full (12-13) shipped(12-23)
15. katmurz - Cold-cast set, paid in full (12-16), shipped
16. KillerofSaints - Cold-cast set, deposit paid (12-23)
17. PunisherWarrior - Cold-cast set, paid in full (1-21), shipped(1-28)
18. Darth Clayton - Blank Resin set, paid in full (2-18) shipped

***UPDATE 10-22***
The final pieces are under rubber and will be ready for pulls by this weekend (fingers crossed).
I'll post a "what's-in-the-box" photo as soon as all pieces are pulled.

This run will be 20 orders. (an order of two guns counts as one order)

I estimate domestic shipping to the US will be $17.90 for a two-gun kit or $12.65 for a single-gun kit (based on USPS 2-day priority mail flat rate boxes). This price may be lower depending on the final size and packability of the finished kit parts.

In space, no one can hear you scream, which is why it's perfectly okay to yell "Pew, Pew!" when you're shooting at people.

Peter Quill a.k.a. Star Lord's blasters from the film Guardians of the Galaxy. Modeled from high-res photos released by Marvel as well as production stills and screenshots from the film.

Finished gun, using a mix of the masters and a few finished cast pieces:
(note: grips will have triggers, they haven't been added yet in these pics)
IMG_1465.jpgIMG_1467.jpgIMG_1468.jpgIMG_1470.jpg

Official Marvel images for reference:
53e3c4f05b197.jpgy6vk.jpg

Build thread can be found here: http://www.therpf.com/f78/star-lord-quad-blasters-226256/

I've aimed to make this kit as close to screen-accurate as possible, making sure to add key details that are often overlooked, such as the vents on the top of the gun and the ergonomic flanges on each grip (kits will be sold with either a left-handed or right-handed grip, all other parts are symmetrical).

The kit includes seventeen cast pieces as well as a few greeblies (mesh for the vent holes, allen screws for the base of the grip, and decorative set screws for the backs of the laser tubes) and will come in either the left-handed or right-handed version, or a set of both.

COLD-CAST KITS:

Each cold-cast kit is made with brass and aluminum powder. All cold-cast parts that have visible seams will be a 1:1 mix of resin to metal powder, so they will be buffable beyond the powder coat. This means that seam cleanup won't reveal ugly grey plastic when the seams are sanded.

PRICING:

Blank Resin kit (not cold-cast) - $140 each (specify L or R)

Cold-cast kit - $160 each (specify L or R), $300 set of 2 (one L, one R)

If you're interested in buying one, post here and I'll put you on the list. If I get at least 5 interested, this thread will become a full-on run thread, and all who expressed interest will be added to the top of the list.

I hope you like it!

Last edited:
Re: Star Lord Quad Blasters *Resin and Cold-Cast Kits*

Curiosity question, with the triggers being put in, are the going to be operable? Like hooked up to lights?

While that would be awesome, there aren't channels for switches or LEDs, so they'll be static.

Im interested in a Blank Resin Kit, Right Handed just as long as postage to AUS wouldnt be too pricey. thanks

I'm interested in a pair of the blank resin ones, though I'd really love to see a picture of a raw one :)

Awesome! I'm glad there's so much interest!
I'll be posting more images as soon as I finish the final couple molds, including some detail shots and a what's-in-the-box shot just as soon as I finish sourcing the Allen screws for the grip
Also, just to note: these puppies are hefty. Even the blank casts are solid resin, so the guns weigh a few pounds each when put together.
As for final shipping weight, I'll have to do some more research on international shipping, but everything should fit inside a smallish flat rate box.
Looks like I've got some casts to make!

Looking forward to it!

Do you have an ETA on when you might start shipping orders out? I assume after Halloween?

I've been watching these get built in the workshop and they are phenomenally gorgeous. These are *the* Star Lord blasters to get.

Awesome! I'm glad there's so much interest!
I'll be posting more images as soon as I finish the final couple molds, including some detail shots and a what's-in-the-box shot just as soon as I finish sourcing the Allen screws for the grip
Also, just to note: these puppies are hefty. Even the blank casts are solid resin, so the guns weigh a few pounds each when put together.
As for final shipping weight, I'll have to do some more research on international shipping, but everything should fit inside a smallish flat rate box.
Looks like I've got some casts to make!

Looking forward to it. They look beautiful.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back