Stan Winston's best work

originaldesigninsect.jpg

What film is this?

He had incredible talent, And there are so many outstanding examples of his work. For me, the Alien queen. That thing still scares me.

Without knowing how much hands on work he did (I'm guessing he had more hands on in the 80's)...

Terminator and Aliens are ICONIC. So much came out of Aliens: Revised alien warrior, the Queen, the Power Loader, the M41A Pulse Rifle... probably why it's my favorite movie.
I love what he did for Iron Man.
Jurassic Park is definitely up there.

To me, Stan Winston was as iconic as the projects he worked on but the one design that stood out and turned what could have been a disaster in design terms into a bona-fide classic was the Predator...mandibles rock!!!!

Everything that came out of the Winston studio was beautiful, but everytime I flip through the Winston Effect, those dinosaurs from Jurassic Park amaze me. Running all that foam latex was an art in itself.

I quite loved the Tom Cruise "Lestat" full body he did for "Interview With a Vampire"-very real!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back