ST Hypospray - First ever Build

Sybok

Hi All,

Brief intro, I've been into costuming for a while and I'm pretty handy with a sewing machine, but with a Star Trek Event looming I needed some props, found this forum and got inspired.

So this is not only my First Hypospray, but also my first prop build! I'm using a picture i found here listing the dimensions, looks like it's a drawing for the Art Department on the TNG/Voy show, and I'm building from 1mm Styrene sheet.

Incidentally if anyone knows where you can get 1" and 7/8" Pipe in the UK I'd be really appreciative

First pic is a cardboard mockup.

Last edited:
I've done the cladding now and made the head of the hypospray. I'm just awaiting my compass cutter to arrive before i can start on the neck, head and add an end cap for the ampule loading bay.

Spent some time with my model files and leatherman rounding off the edges

Update time

The main sections have now been built, just got a little bit of sanding to do to smooth off the green stuff. Decided that using a compass cutter to make several discs for the neck would be the best way forward, will probably also be doing this for the spray head itself. just got to make the buttons then get to spraying!

Here are a couple of shots assembled using blutack

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back