Spoony's Highlander: The Source Review

This movie was released in Russia about 3 or so years ago. I torrented it. I watched it with probably the same look on my face that I have when getting a Prostate Exam. I burned it to a DVD just so I could have the pleasure of Destroying that DVD with a hammer and a blowtorch.

lol. I'm glad i'm not the only one who felt that way. Does it even really fit into the highlander universe or did they just make this for some extra cash?

lol. I'm glad i'm not the only one who felt that way. Does it even really fit into the highlander universe or did they just make this for some extra cash?

In all honesty, it made more sense to the Highlander Universe than the 2nd movie, but only slightly. :lol Something about the movie felt weird? Like the whole thing was filmed at high speed and then played back on slow-motion. I watched it, but hated it by about the first 20 minutes.

Well Highlander 2 is better once you get the special edition and the original creators recut the film the way they had wanted it done in the first place. This one just didn't seem to make any sense at all, the way to become mortal and save humanity is to kill an immortal who is on speed? i think someone was smoking something when they wrote it.

This was only made so that the studio could hang on to the licensing. They were about to lose it if they didn't do something with Highlander in the title. It's all about the money...

They should have made another highlander cartoon or anime or better yet they could have finished the animated series since they left it far from complete.

I, too, am a huge Highlander fan. I remember when I saw the second one at an Odeon and thought "why does this take place in a dystopian future and why bother trying to explain where immortals come from?".
Then the filmakers kept re-editting it to change all that. They had learned their lesson.

Then The Source came out. It takes place in a dystopian future and they explain where immortals come from. :confused
They don't learn.
Before it came out Adrian Paul was talking about how great it would be. I wonder what he think of that now.

Wolf

Thank you! I've been a Highland fan forever, and I've watched all of it over the years. Each subsequent release more craptastic than the last. I watched The Source with a disbelieving, and pained expression on my face the whole time.

Spoony's review of The Source was, in my opinion, more entertaining than ANYTHING from the franchise other than that glorious first film.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back