Split-second props

LMFAOSchwarz

Sr Member
Does anyone have a prop from a movie or tv show which intrigued them, but was seen so briefly that you can't get a good look at it?
I have one which comes to mind, from Forbidden Planet: When Dr. Morbius identified himself on the radio, they checked on his i.d./background with a hand-held device which seemed to have some type of sliding, metallic "index cards" within it. Always came across as seeming practical and functional, yet barely glimpsed. Maybe that reason alone is why it intrigues me.:confused

Yeah, that's just it: props like that in the movie are neat, in that they weren't just some equivalent of a spray-painted box or tube. They gave the impression of functionality, which in a subtle way adds to the overall film's quality!

I always did wonder if that copper-tube thing (that Barclay was working on) from Star Trek:First Contact was a nod to Forbidden Planet..

McCoy's mecidal Tricorder from Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

He had it with him when McCoy and Kirk beamed aboard Qo'nos 1, but you could barely see it.

Kevin

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back