Spiderman 1 Web shooters(the non organic ones)

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by SPDOmegaRanger, May 6, 2006.

1. SPDOmegaRanger

SPDOmegaRanger Well-Known Member

does any one have any pics and details on these webshooters or know anywhere i can get a pair ?

any help is appreciated its for a project i have in the works(see costume forum) :)

2. bladefans

bladefans Well-Known Member

I have this pic

3. Chingon

Chingon Well-Known Member

Not sure if these are the real protos or a replica that someone here made, but here you go...

[attachmentid=7928]

[attachmentid=7929]

4. shuktuki

shuktuki Sr Member

now that is really nice
    wonder how hard it would be to scratch build one

5. SPDOmegaRanger

thank you chingon thank you bladefans those are the pics ive been looking for, now if only there was a better shot of the other side the opposite side of the 3 little lithium batteries

6. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

yea it is hard to get shots of everything you need.

These were actually made for his Organic webshooters. In the original version he had to press onto his wrists to get the webs to shoot out. This contraption when pressed would press onto hi wrists and make the webs come out. He could also vary the types of web by changing the nozzel.

Still a kick * design.

7. THEWRAPOFCONS

THEWRAPOFCONS Well-Known Member

There was a threasd here a while back that had these webshooters broken doens into found parts, does anyone remmember who posted it?

8. LogansRunner

LogansRunner Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TimDrakeRobin @ May 7 2006, 02:03 AM) [snapback]1239706[/snapback]</div>
    That is a really cool concept, why did they take it out?

9. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

[/quote]
    That is a really cool concept, why did they take it out?
    [/quote]

I dont know, I liked it too. PLus it showed his intellegence a bit as well.

10. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

Ramii wanted organic webs, simple as that.

Poor choice.

Although would've been tough to explain the plot of Spider-Man 2 had they used non-organic shooters.

11. SPDOmegaRanger

Tim's right these are called web aiming devices from what ive heard at SHH they more or less allowed him to change the frequency of how he fired the webbing from his wrists.

now if only we could find that list wrapofcons mentioned that would help loads

12. bladefans

bladefans Well-Known Member

Agreed this is definitely something I would want to work on. Those pieces on his hands look just laptop keys only circular.

13. LogansRunner

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(micdavis @ May 7 2006, 05:10 AM) [snapback]1239796[/snapback]</div>
    Oh, but wouldn't this device just be able to manip the webs, and not create them? I dont know I"m not too familar with this concept. Is it in the comics?

14. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(~Sal~ @ May 8 2006, 12:46 AM) [snapback]1240205[/snapback]</div>
    Oh, but wouldn't this device just be able to manip the webs, and not create them? I dont know I"m not too familar with this concept. Is it in the comics?
    [/b][/quote]

Correct it wasnt supposed to make the webs only allow him to control the webs and manipulate the way they came out.

15. THEWRAPOFCONS

I wanna say it was Marty Brandt thats did the research on this item

16. SPDOmegaRanger

is there a way to contact him is he registered to the board ?

17. TK9120

TK9120 Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(micdavis @ May 6 2006, 11:10 PM) [snapback]1239796[/snapback]</div>
    I thought I heard Rami say something about a kid being able to come up with a webshooter design and webs being a little ridiculous. So they became organic.

18. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

Yep, Ramii nixed them because he thought it that.

But in the comics that was the point. Peter was a genius. He came up with the web fluid and the shooters.

Poor choice on directors part. Still a great movie.

19. LogansRunner

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SPDOmegaRanger @ May 8 2006, 02:15 AM) [snapback]1240223[/snapback]</div>
    I believe he is, maybe if he sees this he'll post.

20. SPDOmegaRanger

i hope so if not anyone want to try with me to find the pieces ?

21. THEWRAPOFCONS

Marty changed his sn several times, not sure what it is now, If I remember correctly the thread identified the wires at the plam as part of small headphones, the emiter ewas a cake decoratingg tool, and most of the other parts were found at radio shack

22. SPDOmegaRanger

yea the emitter top seems to look like an expensive icing tip

23. Qui-Gonzalez

Qui-Gonzalez Master Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(micdavis @ May 7 2006, 12:10 AM) [snapback]1239796[/snapback]</div>
    I dunno, I kinda like the choice. It seemed like Ramii went with a more Spider-Man 2099 feel for most of it. From the organic webbing to the barbs in the fingers. I agree with the webbing making more sense being organic because how in the hell is some high-school kid from an inner city school going to make a liquid compound that turns into webbing and can hold tons of weight from it?

24. SPDOmegaRanger

found these two on an old cd archive of mine, wish i knew what the watch part is from
    [attachmentid=7951]
    [attachmentid=7952]

25. Primrodo

Primrodo Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Qui-Gonzalez @ May 8 2006, 03:49 PM) [snapback]1240711[/snapback]</div>
    Though I dunno, hows a radioactive substance give a kid the ability to sling a web unlike a spider's natural attibute, not to mention two of them on the wrists...

On top of that, how can a deaf man compose a peice of music...

Cop-out on the shooter...totally. Parker is a genious, not joe blow.
    As for these shooters as away to do both would have made much more sense and more faithful...

26. SPDOmegaRanger

so far all i can identify is 3 mini lithium batteries, plastic topcs from under keyboard keys, and also a holding brace of sorts for the iceing tube tip(still wondering if it is that yet)

27. Reel Fakes

Reel Fakes Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I seem to remember RYLO making replicas of these and the old TV versions of the web shooters...

-Chris

28. SPDOmegaRanger

emailed him asking about the shooters waiting to hear from him, i do know rylo did the 70's ones dont know if he does the movie shooters

29. SPDOmegaRanger

got a reply from rylo he said he only does the Nicholas Hammond shooters and not the movie spiderman shooters

30. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

i recall the watchband was a pretty expensive one, sony i think.

the main barrel of the shooter looks to be the end of a butane pencil torch, and the side opposite the cell batteries looks to just be a motor from a cell phone or pager for the vibrate function.

chris

31. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

I thought pntbynmbrs made a spiderman movie style webshooter. his sight doesnt seem to be working though.

32. SPDOmegaRanger

i pmed about a month ago never heard a reply from him so i dont think he visits the forums anymore

33. SPDOmegaRanger

anyone been able to find anything else on these shooters ?

34. Reel Fakes

Reel Fakes Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>(TimDrakeRobin @ May 8 2006, 10:46 PM) [snapback]1240981[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you - Yes that was him.
    His website is down, but his profile says he was here today, so he's still around.
    Good luck.
    Chris

35. PtByNmbrs

PtByNmbrs New Member

Hey guys,

I donÂ’t sell these shooters anymore they where way to time consuming to make. And due to someone else ripping off my design I donÂ’t do the 70Â’s TV Shooters anymore ether.

36. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(PtByNmbrs @ May 16 2006, 10:48 PM) [snapback]1245326[/snapback]</div>
    aww thats unfortunate I remeber both designs were really good looking pieces.

37. jdebord

jdebord Well-Known Member

Can anyone here ID the prop in the auction that is the basis of this article - LINK - as to whether it is one of the replicas made based on the prototypes? It is being marketed as "from the set" (i.e. an original prop) but is listed in the "Reproductions" eBay category.

Thanks,

Jason

38. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

Sorry to comment on an old post, but here goes anyway! :thumbsup

Well... Peter got bitten by a Spider... and was changed because of it... so surely he would then know what a spider's web consists of and would be able to duplicate it synthetically or even organically.

Raimi thinking it was ridiculous should then also have thought that about climbing walls, getting extra strength, etc. like a spider. JEEZ... get-it!?

And the plot point with him losing his powers in S-M2 would have been so much cooler and less lame if he had been infected with the symbiote testing his abilities, before making its presence known.

No matter... I think webshooters of some kind would have been cool! :thumbsup

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  39. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

Definitely using some of the same pictures that were shown in this topic, iirc - that are now no longer viewable.

Regarding accuracy in the prop or the claim... I have no idea.

40. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

The shooter is off big time. unless they made A and B shooters A for close ups and B for far off shots.

41. Gman666

Gman666 Well-Known Member

This same shooter has shown up over the last year on different web sites over the years. I last saw it being offered on The League of Heroes.

Thanks!

Greg Newell

42. jdebord

jdebord Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone here have one of the replicas, or photos of one of the replicas?

Thanks again,

Jason

43. Rysjin7717

Rysjin7717 Well-Known Member

I'm unable ta view th' pics of those web shooters could ya post those again ? unable ta view them cause they contain errors thanx.

44. whiteraven

whiteraven Active Member

That's because this thread has been untouched since 2007 before you posted in it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this helps.

45. Rysjin7717

Rysjin7717 Well-Known Member

Whiteraven, thanx for th' heads up an pics bra.

46. jaykingisme

jaykingisme New Member

May i know who are making these webshooters? i cant view the images,those who has it mind sending to me monkeyboy1234@hotmail.com and the owner IF selling please contact ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! TANKS

47. strengthof10men

strengthof10men Active Member