Spectacular Spider-Man film

PAYBACKPictures

I'm currently writing the screenplay for 2 spidey films. Both of them low budget indie films for youtube. I'll probably end up writing 3.

So basically the idea is to make it true to the comics by starting from The Amazing Spider-Man issue 1 and combining some of the newer storylines into it.

Almost all of the story will be written by me, some of the stuff in there will be taken from the comic books and/or TV-shows etc.

Pre-Production is currently in progress.

Last edited:
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man film series for youtube

Also worth to note is that we will film these films with a RED Epic camera.

Last edited:

interesting :) and in europe nontheless! the RED is pretty good, too! curious to see it. also willing to help xD

The films will be shot in New York. Which will be awesome. Good thing is, that we won't have to pay for filming there because we only have a bunch of people in the set and a low budget :D

Better villain for the 1st film: Electro or Chameleon?

Electro
Plus is the pure coolness of the character.
Minus is the complexity of the VFX shots.

Chameleon
Plus is the fact that he was on TAS #1.
Minus: Propably not good enough to be the main villain.

What do you think?

BTW, I'm saving Mysterio for the second film :)

both FX can look very good or very tacky. especially lightning

the transformation can be hard, depending on how you want to do the transition sequence, for example the comic version is only lighting up his silhouette. im guessing something original would look better here, because just lighting it up might look a little flat. maybe something with a little smoke, light and texture. its probably easier to shoot the transformation effect on a green screen, to line up the 2 actors without having to stand still while shooting and replacing the actor.

the lightning can be added rather easy without the greenscreen. via after effects. but there need to be some lens flares, light effects etc to be put in to make it look good :)

all in all both effects are doable, but require some work. :)

you could also be doing both xD

I was thinking something like that. It can be done. But I think I like Scorpion as the villain more. I might add Electro as a cameo in the beginning or something. Starting the 2nd Draft... :lol

personally i think that is harder to realize than the two above, with the tail moving seperately and all.
practical effects seem hard,as it would look guided, and choppy. it would take a lot of working with green suits and keying, and lots of masking.
alternately you would need to shoot with keys, and have a good CG artist make the tail part. modeling the tail shouldnt be too hard, but getting it to fit perfectly is the harder part. lots of texturing, shading, color correcting, and rendering to do. i would keep something like this, where you should use CGI, for a later episode, because if you have something not looking right, it might not be taken well by fans :) for example as you have seen my terminator test render, that took me about 3 days, just for the 5 secs or something it is. and its far from perfect, and looks cheesy. imagine a whole scene or more with this kind of work needed for it. on the other hand, if its done right, it might pull people to watch it :)

I do know how much more difficult it is, but I think it's the best for the story. I do 3d models in Autodesk Mudbox 2011. Pretty neat program to have.

For the tracking I could use AE Mocha for the easiest parts and BouJou for the more complex shots.

The Scorpion is more harder to accomplish but will look so cool when done right.

Last edited:

By the way, I'm constructing a small renderfarm as we speak. Rendering time will be a lot faster than with just one iMac.

keep in mind, that you have to have lots of track markers when filming the shots with the scorpion. if its the better thing to do, id go for it :) really, the most important thing is the tracking here. i can think of multiple ways to do the tracking, if rendered good, it could be really cool :) now you make me all giddy xD

Been studying like crazy this week. Thank god the weekend started! Will start to continue the screenplay.

i like it :D what happened to scorpion? i just dont like that it says "ultra" reinforced, i think just reinforced woud do ;)

This is the first 2 pages of the screenplay thus the beginning of the film. Spidey fights shocker first. Then later on the Scorpion appears. And, this is just a draft. Some things are going to be changed at some point. :D

i like it, alltho the shoulders are big xD its quite hard to achieve that detailed look, if you dont glue the suit to a muscle suit first (or parts of it) check out the making of the spiderman costume on youtube, they show how they worked in the muscles :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back