Spartacus: Gods of the Arena costume

jaymonstaa

I'm currently attempting to create the costume Melitta wears on Spartacus: Gods of the arena. Can anyone help?

Naevia-spartacus-blood-and-sand-17551474-600-900.jpg

Hey, this is cute! I probably have enough in scraps to do this ( hahaha )! I haven't watched it yet but I love that she has some fun colour. What exactly do you need help with? It's a pretty simplistic costume... if you can't eyeball it, you could probably buy a cheap pattern for a toga and do some slight adjusting. It's basically just rags though soo... I wouldn't even go as far as spending money on a pattern.

As far as materials, again, due to the nature of the outfit I'd stick with something relatively inexpensive. A plain cotton or knit would do just fine. I can't tell if that's a pattern or just crinkle on the light aqua, but you could dress it up with some embroidered cotton on the trim instead of just layering basics.

As for the leather belt thing, not sure since I haven't seen it all the way around.

This literally looks like something anyone could do by just draping the cloth over a someone's neck and then moving it around and pinning it where you want to stitch... The darker blue looks like a raw silk noil (fairly cheap stuff at thai silks). The under layer could be the same, but the wrinkles tend toward linen.
A couple yard of each, and some basic skill with a needle and thread should get it. Looks like she's got some gathering in at the waist, and a seam at the side, but the rest is strategic belt placement, and probably some toupee tape at the breast.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back