Sonic Screwdriver Kit Review with Video Showing All Eight Sounds it can produce

ravvenz

There is only one power source part that fits inside/in between the two middle parts per kit, thus you can only have one functioning screwdriver per kit - glad I bought more than one.

The light on the power source is white, so it gets colored by whatever top you put on.

Here is a video I did with my iPhone showing all the different sounds:
YouTube - ‪Custom sonic screwdriver‬‏

The sounds:
press button 1 or 2 times and hold: toggles between two different sounds
press button 3 times and hold
press button 4 times and hold
press button 5 times and hold
press button 6 times and hold
press button 7 times and hold
press button 8 times and hold

After you see the video and listen to the sounds, post back here and let me know which sounds you like best.

customs1.jpeg

customs2.jpeg

Last edited:
Re: Sonic Screwdriver Kit Review with Video Showing All Egiht Sounds it can produce

I like them all! Now I really think I need to get one of these to replace the guts of my custom sonic. How big is the core compared to that of the Tennant CO sonic's electronics?

Re: Sonic Screwdriver Kit Review with Video Showing All Egiht Sounds it can produce

That is really fun! I need to get me one of those sets!

Comparing tenth doctor sonic size and electronics:

ss1.jpeg

ss2.jpeg

ss3.jpeg

ss4.jpeg

I could see a lot of people taking that core power/sound/light unit from the kit and building customs sonics around it.

Last edited:

It would also make a good core for the tracer from the Key To Time series of stories back during Tom Baker's run.

I could definitely fit that into my existing custom sonic with very little modification.

Extended.jpg

I wish you could buy just the guts so you could simply make your own. Oh well I guess the extra parts are kinda cool too.

Got a kit today, this has to be the best sonic release yet. The sounds are great, just hope the sound chip or whatever does not burn out like the 11 doc's sonic did. The designs are very sonic screwdriver looking especially the "steampunk" one which is a contender for Mat's sonic. These would look great in metal and the functioning of the "spoon" switch on the steampunk sonic is clever.

All in all an amazing little kit and as people have said, it is worth getting two so you can have at least two functioning sonics, and not having to constantly change the core light.

i cant wait to get this but ive got a friends birthday coming up and i need to spead money on her not me. i wonder if she would like this.....if not she could just give it back......haha.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back