Interest Soldier Boy Helmet (The Boys)

ryanoh

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all,
I've just completed printing, finishing, molding, and casting a Solider Boy helmet from Amazon's The Boys.
I have an ongoing thread on the costume forum here:

Would anyone be interested in a small run of resin casts of this? At the moment I'm not super interested in selling painted copies, but depending on how painting mine goes and the level of interest I might be open to it.
VERY IMPORTANT - the 3d print fits my 23" head tight, there's a bit more room in the cast version (and I have also been doing them with semi-rigid resin), but I wouldn't think this would fit more than a 24" head.

Final price would depend on the number of parties interested, but I imaging it'll be in the $100 - $125 ballpark.
I will update with some better lit photos as soon as I am able to take them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 3.44.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 3.44.39 PM.png
    1,007.8 KB · Views: 87
Bump? I'm hoping to get some actual photos this weekend, maybe that can stir up some interest.

Hello everyone,
A little later than I hoped to post these photos, but better late then never. Here is a shot of the final helmet cast with little editing. If you buy a raw cast of this, this is what you will get (except colors not final, I'm still experimenting with dying the resin to get the color green from the show).

There's a few more bubbles and scratches in here than I had hoped, so I'm setting the price at $100 (not including shipping, which I am hoping I can us USPS flat rate boxes for).

three-up.jpg

I'm hoping to also finish one of these for myself and will post photos, I'm still up in the air if that's something I'm going to want to offer to sell or not. Again, this fits my 23" head pretty tightly, but because the cast is in semi-rigid SMOOTH-CAST 57D, there's a LOT of flex in this. I'm going to guess you could fit a 24-25" head in here, but do that at your own risk.

ezgif-4-56c99e9f27.gif

I don't know if you're still interested in doing this run, but I just saw this and I'm DEFINITELY interested. Jensen Ackles is one of my top 3 favorite actors, so if you think this would fit a 23-23 1/8" head, I'm in.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back