So I watched Blade.....

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Krull, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Krull

Krull Sr Member

Saw it on the $3.99 rack at the local 7-11 and thought "what the hell,everybody says it's good".........................

Well even though I only paid four bucks I kinda want my * money back! that movie was HORRIBLE :sick never have I see such bad acting and the story line was...to be honest I didn't go so far as to follow it,just kept wondering when the * thing was gonna be over.

So get the rope,but Ghost Rider was better,yea it wasn't all it could be but it was fun-Blade was just a lot of bad acting and really s*itty effects and a guy who walked around and acted like he was constipated and had a stick up his *.

No way I'm gonna watch any of the others :behave

2. JPolacchi

JPolacchi Sr Member

:lol Blade had some good points, but it was one of those "thrown together/let's make a movie based on a comic book and it quickly unraveled.I can't believe they had the audacity to make sequels.Ghost Rider was "OK", but certainly not much better than Blade I.M.O.Sorry you wasted your $$$.Instead,see a good film you like.For instance, I'm seeing Sherlock Holmes in about a week and I know it'll be worth its salt in the theater.

3. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

Who told you it was good?

4. Krull

Krull Sr Member

I've been told a few times...now I know who's a lier.

5. CTF

CTF Sr Member

Chuck.

6. CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Well I like it.

7. Rusty85

Rusty85 Sr Member

I thought Blade was good too, way better than Ghostrider.

8. Nexus6

Nexus6 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

+1. *shrugs*

9. cayman shen

cayman shen Master Member

I liked the first two quite a bit. Were they works of genius? Nope. But did I feel like I'd wasted my time on some Van Helsing level catastrophe? Not at all. Well, until part three :lol

10. Jannix Quinn

Jannix Quinn Sr Member

Blade was better than Goat Rider, but neither were good.

11. kalkamel

kalkamel Sr Member

The only good Blade movie is the second one. Way superior compared to the first and the third one. But it does refer to the events in the first movie so you'd kinda have to skim through the first one to understand the references.

12. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

It wasn't bad, it was better than most Marvel movies up until that point for sure. You also have to remember how old that movie is when it comes to the effects and at that point comic book movies didn't get big budget effects.

13. terryr

terryr Sr Member

I like the first one. First saw it at the dollar multi-plex. Walked in and got a ticket for the first show that started. Watched it several times since then and have the DVD.
    The other two.....suck. It's amazing that generally people like one and hate the two others. And it's a different one that they like.

Never saw ghost rider and don't want to.

Or twilight. If Blade was in twilight I might go.

14. Alan Cross

Alan Cross Sr Member

NAILED it. First one's okayyyyy. The SECOND ONE is just creepy as **** and has some of the best make-up prosthetic work (split chin effect) I've ever seen. The villains are wonderfully scary. The fight scenes are awesome in an over-the-top fun way... very watchable.

The third one is awful.

15. cayman shen

cayman shen Master Member

The third one isn't even a good ipod commercial :lol

16. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

best late movie review evar

17. CrimsonCoscrafts

CrimsonCoscrafts Active Member

Hahaha you are right, I totally agree! Pretty sure I haven't even sat through the whole film.

I love the first and second movie, wasn't a fan of the face split vamps, they soon grew on me.

Stephen Dorf was going to do a blade prequel with frost, I think I remember someone saying Snipes would not allow it.

18. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

There is no third one!

Loved 1 and 2 though and looking forward to what Wesley comes up with once he gets out of the Pokey!

19. Mola Rob

Mola Rob Sr Member

I like the first two but the third should be wiped from existence. I made it through about ten minutes of Ghost Rider but had to stop because I couldn't stop laughing.

20. Lancer

Lancer Sr Member

*shrugs* I like it.

21. Cookiee Monsta

Cookiee Monsta Well-Known Member

The film rights of both Blade & Punisher have reverted back to Marvel.

22. berger

berger Sr Member

wow i cant believe some of you people think GHOSTRIDER was better than blade!

really??

REALLY????!?!?!

23. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

As you can see from some of the replies in the thread... doesn't necessarily mean the people who told you were lying. They just have... hmm... different tastes.

There's a fake trailer with that... think Blade would have a field day in those movies... YAY... bring on the slaughter.

24. tango

tango New Member

I'll second that...except maybe for the opening scene. Nothing like techno, vampires and sword play!

25. rodneyfaile

rodneyfaile Sr Member

The opening to Blade where he is in that vampire club is one of my favorite scenes ever.

26. rodneyfaile

rodneyfaile Sr Member

I think Blade was very important to getting comic movie to where they are today. Tim Burton's Batman was a big leap forward, then came Blade, and then the first Xmen movie. Without those movies paving the way, I dont think we get to where we are now with Iron Man and the rest.

27. Alan Cross

Alan Cross Sr Member

I'd agree with that. Burton's Batman raised the bar... and Singer's X-Men raised it again. The pinnacle experience, so far, for me, is Raimi's second Spider-Man movie. That was the comic book world I knew and loved as a kid brought to life in a powerful way.

28. Sydman24

Sydman24 New Member

I've watched the movie about fifty or so times and have thought it wa a decent movie, it is by far not one that grows on you (If you didn't like itthe first time never try watching it again kind of movie) granted i did see the second one for Skud played by Norman Reedus(i probably spelled that wrong) the third for Ryan Reynolds as Hannible king and have never ead the comics, soooooooo i don't think my oppnion really counts in the grand sceme of things. I liked it

29. RickDTM

RickDTM Sr Member

BLOODBATH!!!!

Definitely a fan of the first 2.....

30. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

31. Wakeem

Wakeem Well-Known Member

You probably should have passed on the first Blade. You want to watch Blade II. That's the good one and one of the best cartoon/comic movies. I can barely remember the first Blade except for the last fight scene when Blade cuts the guy in half. Blade Trinity is absolutely horrible and should be avoided at all costs. But Blade II is pretty kick *. Awesome fight scenes, cinematography, characters, lines. It's really good from the moment Blade shows up. It also has a better sword fight than the majority of fights in the Star Wars prequels too.

32. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

I saw the first one when it first came out and enjoyed it as a popcorn action flick. I've watched it a few times since and still like it. Only saw the 2nd one once, but thought it was ok when I saw it. I may have to watch it again.

Third one, though? Total crap.

33. Jet Beetle

Jet Beetle Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

I saw a vampire movie on the other day that reminded me of the world of Blade only this movie was done a heck of a lot better - It starred Sam Neil (the most underrated and one of the greatest actors living today) and Ethan Hawke - The whole world population have been turned into vampires and they are running out of blood, they either need a cure for Vampirism or a workable synthetic blood for consumption - it was really good in my opinion - can't remember the name.

34. terryr

terryr Sr Member

Daybreakers. Found it on this thing called google.

Daybreakers (2009) - IMDb

Vampires by John Carpenter with James Woods is pretty good.

Vampires (1998) - IMDb

What I like is that Blade and these try to make it scientific, while older movies made them magical or religious.

35. TravisO

TravisO Active Member

Ok, good I knew I could't be the only one who thought this way. I feel like the story really doesn't do anything till movie #2.

36. Cpl Potter

Cpl Potter Sr Member

1 and 2 are great action flicks imho , im most amazed that the main baddy (luke goss ?) in 2 has no real martial arts training just what he has learned on set .

37. Krull

Krull Sr Member

Daybreakers rocked as far as I'm concerned,Blade II? maybe I'll watch it,maybe.

38. Alan Cross

Alan Cross Sr Member

Definitely watch Blade 2! Blade 3? That movie makes me think David Goyer is somehow faking it, talent wise. Or he can come up with a good story idea but can't execute it.

39. rodneyfaile

rodneyfaile Sr Member

The first Blade was awesome. One of the best opening sequences.

Blade II was pretty good. Entertaining.

Blade III ..... if you watch it as if it is a comedy, almost kind of a parody, then its actually pretty good, but only for its over the top comedy.

Maybe Marvel will remake it one day.

40. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Daybreakers and Sam Neil rocks!

Throw him a bone and Cast him some day!

41. larrykidd

larrykidd Well-Known Member

Blade 2 has the coolest looking Vampires I've ever seen.
    Show me something creepier than a Reaper.
    Larry

42. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

I liked them all. They aren't high art, but they're good movies. What makes it work is they actually got someone who is a martial artist to play the part. I can't stand when they try to fake it with an actor and give him a few weeks training. It looks totally BS and anyone who has taken martial arts can instantly tell how sloppy they are. That's partially why the Blade TV show didn't work because they always cut away to a stunt guy whenever Blade fought.

43. Cookiee Monsta

Cookiee Monsta Well-Known Member

Well there's that and 'Sticky Fingaz' couldn't act.

44. Zykotec

Zykotec Active Member

Jessica Biel is in the third, and Blade more or less drives a Charger sometimes (I think they had problems keeping it running) that's all I remember...But I think I liked the first one when it first came out (haven't watched it since, and I was 19...)

45. dualedge

dualedge Sr Member

Ditto.

Thing with movies is, in my opinion, if you don't experience it while it's still relevant, you can kinda miss what's good about it sometimes. I think it's like that a little bit like with films like Clash of the Titans or the Last Starfighter. Yeah, they're basically b-films and not "masterpieces"... the f/x get outdated fast... but they do strike a chord with some folks and sometimes become fan faves.

Blade isn't the greatest film ever made by ANY stretch but the vampire rave scene was freaking awesome. There hadn't been anything quite like it that I had seen when it came out. You can't throw a rock without hitting something like it now that vampire films are a dime-a-dozen.

I like the movie a lot myself. Saying Ghost Rider is better... man... Ghost Rider was bad the day it came out. I'm fanatical about superhero films and even *I* don't like Ghost Rider. Blade was received better when it came out than Ghost Rider. I don't think you'll find any reviews calling it an "instant classic" but it WAS better received for what it's worth.

Rotten Tomatoes shows Ghost Rider at 26% and Blade at 55% which seems like a pretty fair comparison to me.

46. dualedge

dualedge Sr Member

I think I netflixed that one... Good idea and some great sequences but the execution didn't really bowl me over for whatever reason. Same with Priest. I believe that same basic storyline from Daybreakers (after vampires have taken over) was initially planned for Blade 3 wasn't it? Always thought it'd be a good idea for a Blade film and then they made Blade 3. Ugh. Now, Ghost Rider was definitely better than Blade 3.