Sliders Timer: Some useful information

Ginsu117 quick question for you. Did you get the exact same parts that were listed by Brevik. I am currently working through his schematic that I had found elsewhere on a different site. So far I have gotten the days, hours, minutes, and seconds part of the plan running. I have had to reorder the circuit boards that Brevik had created for this project. In regards to the source code that I am using, it is the code that he had provided on page one of this thread. I have not gotten to the part in the code for the speaker quite yet. Once I get that wired up, I will post on here and let you know if it sounds just like the one he did on the breadboard in that video clip he had provided. If you want the schematic that I had found, please let me know. I know that there isn't much information in regards to this particular timer on any of the threads that have been created.

Ginsu117 quick question for you. Did you get the exact same parts that were listed by Brevik. I am currently working through his schematic that I had found elsewhere on a different site. So far I have gotten the days, hours, minutes, and seconds part of the plan running. I have had to reorder the circuit boards that Brevik had created for this project. In regards to the source code that I am using, it is the code that he had provided on page one of this thread. I have not gotten to the part in the code for the speaker quite yet. Once I get that wired up, I will post on here and let you know if it sounds just like the one he did on the breadboard in that video clip he had provided. If you want the schematic that I had found, please let me know. I know that there isn't much information in regards to this particular timer on any of the threads that have been created.

Unfortunately I couldn't put it together. I didnt have the schematic like you and have no knowledge in circuitry. I opted to buy an electronics kit already put together. I have everything I need but have been busy with a commission to start cutting the phone (nervous lol). It took a while to find the right acrylic pieces, but I resin printed everything else that was needed. I still have all the parts that he listed (enough to build 2 aside from the arduino) if you are interested in a heavy cut from what I paid. Plus would love to have someone to work with along the physical aspects of disassembling the phone so neither of us mess it up lol

Ginsu117 Here is the link to the circuit board schematics that I had found for it: schtimerscreen . Like I had mentioned, I am slowly working my way through the schematic. I didn't mention however, that I am not using the exact same parts that he had listed on the initial posting. I have no knowledge of electronics myself, I am just learning all of this on the fly. I unfortunately need to find another housing for the prop though. The one that I had bought off ebay was so brittle that it broke with just the slightest touch once I had made the modifications to it. Not trying to scare you off from modifying your housing though.

I plan on getting a 3D printer, and just printing it off with some files that I have located online. That way the housing is not so brittle, and I can go ahead and print it with the box attached, no modifications needed :lol::lol::lol:. Once I get the printer in, I will let you know how the parts turn out. I will post some pictures of it on here as well. If it turns out great, I may be willing to go about doing a run on the print. Just have to experiment first to see how it will all come out.

You mentioned that you had opted to buy an electronics kit for this prop. Did you go on ebay and find Californialeavin on there? He occasionally posts timer kits for sale on there, and they usually run about 500. I bought one myself not to long ago, and it is sitting on my shelf without a housing.

Ginsu117 Here is the link to the circuit board schematics that I had found for it: schtimerscreen . Like I had mentioned, I am slowly working my way through the schematic. I didn't mention however, that I am not using the exact same parts that he had listed on the initial posting. I have no knowledge of electronics myself, I am just learning all of this on the fly. I unfortunately need to find another housing for the prop though. The one that I had bought off ebay was so brittle that it broke with just the slightest touch once I had made the modifications to it. Not trying to scare you off from modifying your housing though.

I plan on getting a 3D printer, and just printing it off with some files that I have located online. That way the housing is not so brittle, and I can go ahead and print it with the box attached, no modifications needed :lol::lol::lol:. Once I get the printer in, I will let you know how the parts turn out. I will post some pictures of it on here as well. If it turns out great, I may be willing to go about doing a run on the print. Just have to experiment first to see how it will all come out.

You mentioned that you had opted to buy an electronics kit for this prop. Did you go on ebay and find Californialeavin on there? He occasionally posts timer kits for sale on there, and they usually run about 500. I bought one myself not to long ago, and it is sitting on my shelf without a housing.

Yes I did buy it from him. Its a little less now. All in all I do so much with my 3d printers it was worth the money for me to get it instantly lol

So, I just got in my first 3D printer yesterday. I am currently working on printing out some files for a 3D scanner, and once I have it complete I plan on doing a scan of my modified Motorola Microtac Ultra Lite body. From there I will modify the scan so that it will include the box in the body when printed. I know that there are some files out there that someone has put together in regards to this particular project, but all in all they do not look right when you inspect them. If anyone out there is wanting a print of my modified housing please let me know. I will keep all of you informed on the progress of the scanner, that I am printing for this project.

Hows it going guys.

I have managed to successfully build out my 3D scanner. Currently I am working on getting scans done of my modified Motorola Micro Tac Ultra Lite timer housing.

I wanted to pop in and see how everyone is doing with their timer replicas?

Very interested in possibly building my own timer. Has anyone put together a video showing the full build step-by-step? Seems pretty easy to put together the hardware but the software part is a complete mystery. Based on the threads everything regarding software appears to be very hush-hush. Questions: what's needed on the software end? You're talking about a complete newbie who has only built computers in the past (no electronic props). Would be helpful to have a complete hand-holding video showing every step from first part acquisition to final switch-on.

Note: As a Sliders purist, I have zero interest in the Egyptian timers or Dr. Jensen's timer. The original is what I'm after.

hello everyone, no news on this project?

currently i'm working on my version, i got inspired from everywhere.
I am working on a simulator much more practical for testing. the circuit of my model is 100% functional
the programming is far from being finished, but I am progressing well
All the components to be installed
the only constraint concerns the telephone which is not at home (France) so I will print it in 3d I have already done the modeling.

2020-12-28 (1).png

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Just started watching sliders again love the series and found this site and wanted to see if I can built my own timer. How is everyone going with their one. I have been going through all the information and need to start looking at all the parts and where to begin. I haven't had much luck trying to find a Motorola Microtac Ultra Lite and figured the best thing to do is 3D Print it.

Can anyone provide me a link of where the best place to get a good copy of the Motorola Microtac Ultra Lite files for 3D printing. Or can anyone please share with me the files. I would love to start working on it and start with a 3D print of all the parts and then move onto the very tough electronics side of it.

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Just started watching sliders again love the series and found this site and wanted to see if I can built my own timer. How is everyone going with their one. I have been going through all the information and need to start looking at all the parts and where to begin. I haven't had much luck trying to find a Motorola Microtac Ultra Lite and figured the best thing to do is 3D Print it.

Can anyone provide me a link of where the best place to get a good copy of the Motorola Microtac Ultra Lite files for 3D printing. Or can anyone please share with me the files. I would love to start working on it and start with a 3D print of all the parts and then move onto the very tough electronics side of it.

Thanks

Thanks very much redwizze. I had seen this on thingiverse but wasn't sure if anyone had used it or print from it. I will give it a go and see how it turns out.

Thanks again

Does anyone know what the red lens/led part above the scarab on the egyptian timer is? Anyone have a lead on that part?

Attachments

• a310.jpg
    a310.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 80
I've been working on a season 3 version of the egyptian timer. I think I have the pcb pretty well figured out. I need to work on the code but it's looking pretty promising so far.

Attachments

• 20210416_115709.jpg
    20210416_115709.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
I really need to work on mine. I have the remote, the electronics, the correct buttons and the scars. Just need the right acrylic sheet and to get into it.

I really need to work on mine. I have the remote, the electronics, the correct buttons and the scars. Just need the right acrylic sheet and to get into it.
Yeah. At some point I'll probably look into having a sheet laser cut and then maybe also having a stencil cut to paint the white overlay.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back